Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Phil Parkinson: Mini Cruise Disappointment

Phil Parkinson
0 Post

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Mini Cruise Disappointment

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

We booked to travel on The Independence Of The Seas, as we have travelled on this ship before and thoroughly enjoyed the cruise.
Once boarding, my wife's disability scooter became faulty, and it became necessary to use one of the on-board wheelchairs, which were extremely cumbersome. We contacted customer relations whilst on board, but were advised that no scooters were available for rental in our port of call (Le Havre). As a result I had to wheel my wife around the ship, which was extremely taxing, as I have diabetes.
The level of service received was reasonable. I have to say I wasn't particularly impressed, and the standard of food, especially in The Windjammer restaurant, was mediocre in the extreme.
The children's club was a particular disappointment. My grandson is disabled and so I would have chosen to stay with him. This simply wasn't presented as an option. It was simply a choice of leaving him there, or him not being accepted. Inexcusable in my opinion.
I More would say that as a disabled passenger, my experience was more negative than positive for this trip, especially bearing in mind the experience with my grandson.
On the whole, I would not recommend this cruise. Less