Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by daisy12345: Great ship, fun and casual entertainment

daisy12345
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Great ship, fun and casual entertainment

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Bahamas

I'm not sure why this boat is not getting great reviews from everyone. I think this ship is fine for a 4 night ship. Everything looks new and clean. Reviewers claiming that this ship is "showing her age" and "not clean", I'm wondering if we were on the same boat???? I found it nice and just a smaller version of the bigger class of ships really.

The food is very good. We ate in the Windjammer Cafe, the dining room at night and the Johnny Rockets and everything was good. The entertainment is good quality. We went to see the comedian and the song and dance number and they were both good. Our Junior Suite with a balcony was wonderful and well worth the upgrade price. It was very roomy and spacious for a room on a cruise. I'll always choose a balcony from now on. It was a totally different experience being able to go out and have your own private view of the ocean.
The crew on this ship is excellent and all interaction with crew members was a friendly experience. More
My previous cruise was on the Royal Carribbean's Freedom of the Seas, a bigger and newer boat with the interior promenade and shopping area that is missing on the Majesty. But I have to say that on the Majesty's itinerary you are porting in a different location everyday so you don't need a lot of the extra's that are needed on the boats that stay out for longer periods of time. That is my opinion anyway. We spent time in the Casino and it was fun and they had all the games that you would want. My only complaint about the Casino is that I wish Royal Carribean would make it a "smoke - free" environment inside the casino. Too many smokers were just going in there as a smoking area and not necessarily to play the games. Of course, it smells really bad and when they are smoking, it is totally annoying!.
We bought the waterpark ticket to the Atlantis as our exercursion in Nassau and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this! If you love water parks and aquariums, definitely purchase this one. We were so glad we did! The water slides and lazy river were so much fun and we counted this as one of the highlights of our trip.

In Key West, we bought the trolley ticket to ride around the city and it was a great idea. They have an extensive trolley system and its a good way to get acclimated to Key West before you go exploring the city on your own!.

In short, I recommend going on the Majesty of the Seas! Remember, a cruise is fun and any vacation is what YOU MAKE OF IT!. If you want to have fun, YOU WILL! Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 10 1544

Loved the balcony! This suite had lots of good storage and was very "roomy" & spacious for a cruise compared to the inside cabins. The shower had a bathtub area which I really appreciated and I thought the bathroom was a lot bigger than the tiny bathroom on the inside cabins of the Freedom of the seas, where I had previously sailed. The balcony is private. The room has a nice couch and chair area to sit in and put more things. The tv was flat screen and new. In short, the balcony is VERY WORTH THE UPGRADE PRICE! A totally different experience to have a balcony on a cruise! If you can afford it, DO IT!