“Great cruise on Explorer”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

bibbysnow Explorer of the Seas 5 Great cruise on Explorer
bibbysnow
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This is our second trip out of Bayonne on the Explorer. My girlfriend and I went and we left out husbands home. We are from the Eastern Shore of Maryland and it was about a four hour drive.

We got to the port about 12:30pm and dropped our bags off, with no help from the porter, and checked in and took the bus to the ship. Bayonne should take some lessons from the Port of Baltimore. In Baltimore you don't have to park to drop off your bags, you just pull up in a line and they load them on the carts. It's much more efficient.

We booked a balcony guarantee and got a D1 cabin on deck six. The room was nice and we love deck 6 as it is one deck up from the Promenade.

It was rough sailing the first day to Bermuda, but I was pleasantly surprised that we were able to lay on the beach and even get in the water at Horseshoe Bay. You never know what April weather is going to be.

In Puerto Rico we just got off the ship and went to CVS for some sodas. We weren't in port very long anyway.

We did Bernard's tour in St. Martin. It was a great tour. We normally go to Orient Beach when we go there, but we wanted to see more of the island this time. We got to go to Maho Beach where the planes fly overhead, it was fun.

In Labadee we just lounged at the beach and floated on the beach mats. It was a wonderful lazy day.

I never have a problem with the food, as I can always find something to eat. We normally don't eat in the dining room, but we selected My Time Dining for this cruise. We didn't make reservations and never once had to wait to be seated. Each time we were seated at a table with a different group of people. Now, I don't like the dining room normally because I don't like to eat with strangers, but we really enjoyed it. We were determined to eat in the dining room for breakfast and lunch on this cruise so we did both the last day. I was so sorry we hadn't done it earlier in the cruise! We had heard how great the lunch salad was in the dining room and it lived up to our expectations!!

We did most of the shows and they were all very good. We saw the "Tribute to the Temptations" and it was great. Also, there was a comedian that preformed and he was great as well.

We loved the cruise and love sailing out of Bayonne.

Explorer of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Explorer of the Seas Review
Explorer of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?