Carnival Legend Cruise Review by jayscore

Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: VS

My Legend Experience
This was our second cruise on a Spirit class ship. Even without the Seaside theater, and second deck Lido seating, I find this class ship to be very nice.

Embarkation was simple and quick, being we booked our first (Vista) suite. We were on the lido well before 12:00 PM, eating our lunch before the main crowds of passengers arrived, which was much less frustrating, not having to wait in a long line, and not searching for somewhere to sit.

Once we were allowed into our cabin,(1:30 PM sharp), we were impressed with our Vista Suite cabin. EXCEPT, for a few minor exceptions. The DVD/VCR players were no longer available. Plus, the door hardware on the cabinets were in need of repair. (Not a deal killer, but it showed their is need for individual cabin inspections for worn items.)

Our cabin steward was on the ball the first day, but between him and his help, they were inconsistent with everyday things. (Ice refills once a day,maybe, towels missing, or overloaded, etc.)

Don't get me wrong.....I could only hope that ALL CCL ships had Vista Suites!

Dining was up to my meager expectations. The Lido selections were fine, but, there is kind of a "no man's land" between 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM.(Which I DO understand, being they have to change over from breakfast and lunch.)

Now the MDR (Early Seating)for dinner: Knowing the staff has been forced to take on more tables per servers, I think ours did a great job! They had their routine down as to make sure diners and deserts were out well in time before the 8:00 PM shows. Yes, the menus are getting smaller in selection, but, what they served was just fine with me.

Mind you, we had a sun drenched aft cabin, so, I can't comment on crowding at the pool areas, being we didn't need them.

Organization for getting off the ship for shore days was well handled, in my opinion.

As far as our CD, he did what he was supposed to do. My only complaint was, when he made an announcement, the TV would "turn down", but the announcement could only be heard in the hallways, not the cabin.(Maybe for the better for some, eh?)

Debarkation was well organized! Being we had "the suite treatment" we were on zone 2, which as advertized on the Fun Times, was to get off the ship between 9:15 and 9:30, which was spot on.

The only thing I think would be nice would be having the feeling of the crew wishing we "didn't have to go so soon", instead of a quick smile and "don't let the door hit you on the butt on your way out" feeling.

Would I do this particular cruise again? You Bet!

Publication Date: 05/08/12