Cruise Review by Sandra Larsen

Destination: Blank
Cabin Category: 6
See More About: Cruise Reviews | Blank Cruise Reviews | Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Review (by Cruise Critic!)
First time cruisers
Before we booked this cruise I read all previous reviews, which, I have to say did put me off a bit. However, my Husband and I decided nothing ventured nothing gained! We paid a bargain price for the cruise so were a bit apprehensive as to what we would get.

The Ship is old, there is no getting away from that, and yes it creaks and groans (but who does not as they get older). People also have to remember they are at sea and not in a static hotel in the Canaries!! The ship was absolutely spotless from top to bottom - the crew cleaned and cleaned. You only had to touch a rail and they were there with the spray!

The cabin was basic but had two portholes. We found the beds very comfortable but we like firm mattresses, we are also fairly slim so had plenty of room. There was more than enough wardrobe space. The only fault we had with the cabin was the metal drawers in the dressing table - they made a lot of noise when opening and closing and were very stiff. The bathroom was small but adequate and the cabin steward was lovely. Nothing was too much trouble.

The food was excellent and well presented. The portion sizes were just right and neither myself or my husband ever felt hungry. In fact, we could never have made our way through the whole evening meal menu and just opted for a couple of dishes. The service in the restaurant was good and we were never kept waiting.

The entertainment was good and the team that put on the shows were first class. Sometimes it was difficult to understand what the staff in the bars were saying (I think most of them were Eastern European) but we got by by pointing to the drinks we wanted from the bar menu book.

There was not a great deal to do during the couple of days at sea but most people read books, played cards/board games or just chatted. The younger entertainment staff put on different games etc but they are not to every ones liking.

I would cruise with them again, however, I would not be happy to pay the full asking price - I would expect far more for my money in the class of cabin and entertainment, but for what we did pay we both thought it was good value for money. I could not understand the complaints about the food from previous reviews. If you want burgers, fish fingers, pizzas and take away type food then this is not for you. However, if you like fresh fish,meat, vegetables, fruit and planned portions then this is for you. There were also some decent vegetarian options - my husband is a bit of a picky eater but he always found something he could eat.

The first port of call was Ulvik - this was only for 1.5hrs to drop people off who were doing the overland tour to the next port of call which was Eidfjord. We found the shore excursions to be very expensive so we did our own thing when we went ashore. We then did Bregen and Flam which I have covered below. The last stop was Stavanger, which was similar to Bergen.

Publication Date: 05/08/12
Read the Blank ports review by Sandra Larsen
More Cruise Reviews

Read the previous  review Read the next  review

More Blank Cruise Reviews