Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by evilelf: Fantastic cruise on the Splendor

Fantastic cruise on the Splendor

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was my 14th cruise, and probably the best cruise we have been on. My DW and I are in our 50's (her 13th cruise), and we sailed with our 2 DD, 12 and 11 (their 4th cruise). We also sailed with my wife's service dog, Duncan (his 5th cruise - 2nd on the Splendor). And we had a small group of friends joining us (15 people total). Even though we had a few minor problems, we all had a fantastic time.

We loved the ship. Service was fantastic from Guest Services, to Room Stewards, to Entertainment Staff. Never encountered a bad tempered crew member. Did we have any problems or complaints? A few minor ones but nothing that could ruin our vacation.

Things were scheduled around the clock, always something to keep you busy (if you want). Surprised they no longer had the souvenir Fun Ship glasses. Drinks came in regular glasses.

I'll be posting a day-by-day review on the Cruise Critic Splendor page, so feel free to ask lots of questions. Sorry the Splendor will be More leaving Long Beach next year! Less

Published 05/08/12

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Mexican Riviera Cruises

Cabin review: 6S1002 Cloud 9 Spa Ocean View (obstructed views)

Read All Cloud 9 Spa Ocean View (obstructed views) (6S) Reviews >>
evilelf
Member Since 2001
200 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X