Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by richardappleford: Independence of the seas

Independence of the Seas 4

Overall Member Rating

Independence of the seas

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Other

Cabin - Very nice, clean good shower room, twin bed was two single beds pushed together which was okay.T.V was okay but poor choice of channels
Service - Staff were overall helpful throughout the ship, I felt they could have done more but probably limited by what they are allowed to do.Sometimes staff are overwhelmed with passengers requests , expect to queue a lot whilst on this voyage!
Food - If you like your food you will find this ship a dream, I believe it is 24 hour dining glutonous amounts of food a very wide range to choose from either served or you help yourself.
Activities - Very wide range to choose from but could do better (more staffing) I personally found the skating rink was poorly staffed and passengers were only given 30 minutes to skate but I spent 15 minutes queueing.
Promenade - A feature of the ship looks very nice but its shops were quite bland and with many shops not open when we were in a port.
Gratuities - I peronally like to pay good More service when i choose to and not dictated to I found the letter shoved under our door about how much i should pay a bit poor.
Lifts - plently of lifts but you seems to spend a long time waiting for a lift and you hope it finally arrives at the deck you want.

Overall I Like the cruise and will come again but I suppose I expected more from one of the largest cruise ships in world Less

Published 05/08/12

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Cabin review: I Oceanview Stateroom

Read All Oceanview Stateroom (I) Reviews >>
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X