Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by cacoastgirl: Our time on the Allure with tips I wish I would of known...

cacoastgirl
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Our time on the Allure with tips I wish I would of known...

Sail Date: April 2012

We were first time cruisers. If I could do it again I think four days would of been perfect. By day five I was sick of the food, the tight quarters and was ready to get off the ship.

Don't forget to print out the pre-boarding papers. I forgot and it took a while to get through.

We used birth certificates for the kids and there was no problem at all. Glad we didn't waste the money on passports.

I wish I would of realized how small the room actually was. If we could do it all over again. A balcony room was too small for the four of us. However, the rooms were very nice and clean.

The interactive options on the ship are impressive!!! It was great to get off the elevator and figure out what to do next.

The options for kids are limited later in the night. Mostly just character appearances.

We normally eat dinner at 6:00 to 6:30 at home so I was ok with the 6:00 dining time. However, onboard a 6:00 dinner time was too early. More We did not attend dinner in the dining room at all because it conflicted with too much other stuff. If I could do it again, I would do my time dining.

The shows were great!!!! The water show in the aqua theater was different each time we saw it. We only went twice by chance and we were glad we did.

The malts and shakes at Johnny Rockets were $5.00 in addition to the surcharge. We left with double the bill than we expected. And Parks Cafe had impressive salads...the sandwiches didn't win me over like the salads did.

Be prepared to spend money. Cotton candy is $3, popcorn a dollar, ect. We left with a $641 bill and did not drink any alcohol. We took one couples trip to the spa....which was great...dinner at johnny rockets and a bunch of little things really added up. Our shore excursion was prepaid so the 641 doesn't include tips or tours.

We did the Captain Hook adventure in Jamaica. It was top notch!!!! Best time my daughter had on the whole cruise.

The nonpotty trained area of the pool for kids is very small. It looks big but is actually limited to one little area. If you have a swimmer in swim diapers they are not allowed in deep enough water to show off their skills.

Amazing ship but many times I often felt the 5K people. If I could do it all over again. I would of gone for a disney cruise, largely because we were on a family vacation. My four year old didn't really want to go to the kids club. The activities were top notch for the kids club it's just she wanted to hang out with us. We just didn't fall in love with cruising from this trip :( ....we will stick to the all inclusive resorts in the future if disney doesn't steal our hearts. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 12