Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by cruzndiva

Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 11
        13-15 1.0

Great cruise on Carnival Triumph
This was our second cruise with Carnival, but our first on the Carnival Triumph. Overall, we had a great time. There were a few issues, but most were not the fault of Carnival.

I will start off with suggesting that if you can go VIP...do it, it is worth every penny. We boarded in about 5 minutes upon arrival walking passed hundreds of waiting passengers. Disembarking was almost just as easy with the exception of a few passengers that felt the need to cut in line instead of waiting their turn. We were off the ship in 10 minutes and through customs in about 15. We were leaving in our car at 8:30 to head home.

All of the staff from room stewards to dining room were all awesome. Our room steward knew us by name after meeting us once. The waiter in the dining room was so wonderful to us every night. The food on the Lido Deck was good, not great. I highly suggest on sea days that you hit the buffet early otherwise you will be in for long and very slow lines. They don't open for lunch until noon. If they would start serving lunch at 11:00 this would help greatly. The food in the dining room was pretty good. The best desert is the chocolate lava cake. We tried many deserts and this was by far the best.

The first show we went to was called "The New World", it was pretty good. We also saw the magic show called "New Wave Magic" and it was AWESOME!. It is a must see. The last night they had a show called "The Big Easy", don't waste your time. The dancers are never together and it was tiring to watch. It was like they struggled through the entire show.

We did not do any excursions in Progresso. We did get off the ship to shop, but I would suggest just hanging out at the pool, you won't miss anything. We did the sub ocean view excursion in Cozumel. It was average...just a little long due to the fact the A/C did not work on the boat which made it uncomfortable. Cozumel is beautiful.

There are three very small pools and on sea days they were so over crowded, it wasn't worth trying to swim. I have read earlier reviews and I have to laugh at some of the complaints. You have to wonder what parent loses a 3 year old on a cruise ship and gets upset with the cruise staff?? That brings me to one of my main complaints about our cruise. There were about 4 families with young children about 8 or 9 years old. They were allowed to run wild on the ship with ZERO supervision. They were everywhere you turned. One day they took over the elevators to the main lobby pushing all the floors. This went on for hours. The other complaint I have is the cigarette smoke...it seemed to be everywhere you turned. There were limited areas to smoke, but most smokers ignored this and smoked wherever they pleased. I guess that shows the typical person a smoker is....who cares who you offend??

Overall, I give this a 4 out of a 5 star review. The only reason I am not giving it a 5 is because of the inconsiderate passengers who have no regard for fellow passengers.

Publication Date: 05/07/12