Viking Danube Cruise Review by dvdjck: River Cruise of 2012

River Cruise of 2012

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Amsterdam

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the Grand European Cruise through Viking River Cruises. We also had the pre-extension in Amsterdam and the post tour in Prague. Both additional tours we enjoyable. We are experienced travel rs though this was our first river cruise. We very much enjoyed the initial guided tours of the cities we visited. My wife enjoyed the time on our own later to see what we wanted to see.

There are actually more ports of call than this program allowed. We visited 15 different cities. I would not have visited several of these cities if not for the tour. It would have been my loss. The sites chosen and the tours given opened us to discover cities that may be the bread and butter of river cruises but not of train travelers.

The staff made the entire trip feel more like a large family vacation. They were open with their suggestions and assistance and readily available if needed. They also arranged for many activities on the ship. While nothing like a More large cruise ship, it was more than sufficient. And the intimacy of the events added to their charm.

We particularly enjoyed the open seating for all meals. It allowed us to meet nearly all of the 150 passengers. Less

Published 05/08/12

Read more Viking Danube cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Danube Review >>

Cabin review: B221

Member Since 2012
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?