Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by janice2348: Had a wonderful time on Enchantment of the Seas

janice2348
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

Had a wonderful time on Enchantment of the Seas

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

I spent many months reading reviews and board posts on cruise critic before I booked Royal Caribbean. First, I would like to thank all the members here for their help and input. This site is a wealth of information.

We departed Baltimore on 4/27; we had spent the night before the cruise with my mother-in-law in Columbia which saved us a lot of time and hassle. We got to the port about 12pm-since we knew we could board by 11:30 from reading tips here, we figured we would be early enough. Check in was a breeze-very efficient. If you pre-filled out the clia form, forget it, they want you to do theirs. Oh well, only took a couple minutes.

We decided not to check our luggage-big mistake!!! It was a pain lugging heavy bags all over the ship. Won't do that again!

We headed to the Windjammer-and it was jammed! What a hassle. Food was good though. Finally got to our cabin-it was smaller than I expected, but had a lot of storage space. We met our cabin More attendant, Floyd. He was very efficient and friendly, as was all of the crew. I was very impressed with the crew.

We sailed right on time-4:30. Weather was cold, as it was for most of the cruise. Bermuda is not warm in April!

We didn't really see any activities we were interested in-to each his own, but I thought some of them were just plain silly.

We just relaxed, and ate and drank a lot! Finally reached Bermuda on Sunday afternoon. It was still a bit cool. We docked and then headed to the Dockyard, which is one big tourist trap, but we fell into it like everyone else. Bought too much junk, oh well, what are vacations for?

Headed back to the ship for dinner. We got the my time dining, and went about 6:30pm. We were seated in Anthony's section, and decided to stay with him every night. He is very popular! Very efficient and very nice. We were truly spoiled. I thought the food was excellent. Some dishes were better than other, but this is not a five star restaurant. Food in the Windjammer was good. Not so room service-they got our breakfast order wrong every day. And don't order coffee in the afternoon-it took an hour. We learned quick.

Second day we headed to Hamilton on the ferry. Nice ride. We walked to BUEI which was further than I thought. It was much smaller than I expected. But it had some interesting exhibits.

We walked from there to Fort Hamilton up a big hill! Then we did some shopping and had lunch at the pickled onion. Not impressed. $75 what a ripoff. By this time we were exhausted and headed back to the ship.

We did not leave the ship the next day-we were to sail at 12pm-and of course their were two people holding us up. They made it though.

We arrived back in port on Tuesday morning. We did self disembarkation-I am so glad we did! When I saw all those suit cases lined up, and we were off the ship and in our car by 7:15 am, it was totally worth it.

I loved the staff, the food and the relaxation. But there is some room for improvement:

I'd like to see more wine options in the bars. Also the drinks in Boleros were not good, and at 10 bucks a pop, I expect better.

Room service could use improvement. Entertainment in the bars was ok-the piano bar guy was depressing-he should be let go. What a downer!

The shows were awesome! What are these people doing on a cruise ship-they should be on broadway.

I think the whole saving seats in the theatre should be stopped. It's unfair to everyone. People who saw the early show just stayed-how rude can you be? If you are not their at the same time as your companions then too bad. Staff should enforce this.

Since it was fairly cold, no chair hogs to speak of, but laying in the sun in 65 degree weather is nuts anyway.

We are already planning our next cruise with RC. I would definitely go again! Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2 2524

Cabin was small but had ample storage, except in the bathroom. Bring an over the door hanger. Windows were small for the price. Very quiet.