Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Santa Rosa

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 6D
Public Rooms Not Rated

Last time on Carnival
Spring Break Cruise where myself and another Mother shared a room. We chaperoned 5 Senior Girls in 2 other rooms. Tried to book Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas but 3 months out they had no rooms that slept 3, so we booked Carnival Dream.

We all had Deluxe Oceanview Rooms which were fabulous with 2 showers in each room. Booked "Any time Dining" along with half of the ship and usually we had to wait about 30 minutes each night for a table. Food was average at best. Soups were great but desert choices were very weak. They had the same chocolate desert every night. No jamician music at the pool, only a DJ each day. No sailing off party. Definitely not enough lounge chairs at the pool. We even went out at 7:00 a.m. on some days and still could not find chairs.

Comedy was great, but the Broadway shows did not interest me. Street dancers were entertaining, but showed them in small venues.

They used to have a sit down lunch when you boarded the ship on Day 1, but no longer. We were forced to eat at the buffet which I try never to do. I enjoy sit down breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Deli at the back of the ship is good.

The girls had a wonderful time though. They met senior boys/girls from all over the USA and had a great time, so for that it was worth it.

I myself will never cruise on Carnival again. Royal Caribbean has much better food, entertainment and so many more things to do. The bars and night clubs are better. They are constantly having things happening at the pool and great music. The Freedom of the Seas which is their 2nd tier ship is much better than the Carnival Dream.

I never even saw our Cruise Director on the Dream. I couldn't even tell you his name.

To top it off I got Salmonella on Thursday night. Not sure if it was on the islands or from the ship though.

Publication Date: 05/06/12