Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by auburn-cruiser: Cruise Heaven

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Cruise Heaven

Sail Date: April 2012

I'll start by saying that my first cruise was in 2009 and I won that cruise through a raffle at work and it was on Carnival and I've cruised about every four months since then. I've not cruised any other line except Carnival, and my thought on that is why change when they have only gotten better with each cruise. I'm a huge fan of cruise critic and read it almost everyday so I can keep up with everyone else has experienced on their particular cruise.

First off embarkation was a little tricky this time because we were told that this particular part of the terminal was new and they were still working out a few kinks. So all in all it went smooth after a few bumps were smoothed out and they were nothing that would ruin one's vacation.

This was my first time on the Liberty and was very excited about trying out the new eating venue's like Guy's Burgers which by the way were amazing. Diamonds Steakhouse was incredible and worth every penny of the $30 surcharge. My overall More impression of the ship was incredible, just the right size and decor was subdued compared to other carnival ships and that suited me just fine.

This next part is where carnival surprised me yet again and raised the bar up a couple of notches and left me completely satisfied. I received a letter in my cabin and a follow up phone call on the third day of our cruise to inform me that the balcony cabin above mine needed repairs and the only way to access it would be through my cabin and this just so happened to be the day we were in Belieze and we had decided before leaving that this was not a port that interested us and our plan was to sleep in and enjoy the serenity deck while others were ashore. Upon tell guest relations this they said they would certainly try and reward us for the inconvience of not being able to have use of our cabin for what they thought would be a four hour job...so no biggie as far as we were concerned. But as with most things in life things don't always go according to plan and we were actually put out of our cabin for eleven hours. But guest relations was quick to refund us a full days cost of a cabin in the form of an on board credit and still sent us chocolate covered strawberries and followed up with not one but two calls to make sure we were content with their offer.

Carnival continues to not only meet my expectations but goes above and until that changes I will remain a loyal passenger.

Debarkation was the smoothest I've ever had on any cruise and we were off the ship in 15 minutes and were stress free and I'm looking forward to my next cruise and expect the experience to once again be outstanding.I hoe this will help someone. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Upper 6483

Not sure why carnival goes to this port it feels unsafe and unclean and not much to do there.

Great port but been so often we just decided to shop but had a great day there.
Read 3123 Cozumel Reviews

Dolphin Encounter

(5.5)
Beautiful, relaxing day and dolphins were amazing!

(5.5)
One of my favorite ports ever!
Read 1651 Roatan Reviews