“Amazing experience”

cakes58
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We sailed on the repositioning cruise from Tampa, the 15-27. If you didn't enjoy this cruise something has to be wrong. After having a not so wonderful time when the Dawn launched I was extremely hesitant about going on the Star. Well I was happily surprised is an understatement. From the time we got off the gangway party started, I could see by the greeting we got this would be a trip to remember. I went with my niece again, we went on a cruise last year together and always have a great time. The grew was outstanding, I have cruised on other lines and have to say, by day two crew knew our names, that was impressive... No it wasn't because we made fools of ourselves like some people. Lol. Gatsby was a great place to hang out with Lorelie, she made your time there fun, she was even willing to hide us in her cabin so we didn't have to leave, lol.. That's a joke NCL, she was great when it came to making those drinks, ricky was there for the first part than they switched him to the new Brazilian place they opened second week. We visited him there to say hi as well. The guys at the Market Cafe were hysterical, washy, washy, happy, happy. Monday the 16th was the day we met some great people, my niece and I went on the pub crawl, now we weren't really sure what this involved, but we sure caught on fast, lol. This is we're we met Bloody Mary (Montse), so, so cool. She made this so much fun, as did the group we had, for most of us this is how we all met and now have our own Facebook page, lol. The games we played were great and the drinking sure loosened us up, not that we needed much help, lol. Montse made our trip so much fun, every time we saw her in the spinnaker she made us all feel part of the crew. I have to give a shout out to Rowenia, not sure of spelling, she was adorable, so friendly and gracious. The cruise direct Kyle was a pleasure to speak with, and was great at the events. Now as for Rick the assistant cruise director, what can I say, he sure knows how to entertain. It was fun getting to know him, even when we ran into crew off the ship they were just as friendly. Rick made the Quest so much fun as did Montse, and if you missed the Ship and males, you missed a great time, and Rick wears Superman very well. All in all this was the most exciting cruise I have been on, my niece and I have our sites set on our next cruise...
Norwegian Star Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Inside

IC10521
Inside cabin deck 10, the drawers are only three and would be nice to have a bigger vanity area.

Port
Went to the casino's and shopped, we liked it. I have been there twice before.
Read 989 Aruba Reviews
Beach Break
The beach was a little rough walking on the sand.. They served you everything and gave drinks coming... It was nice to sit and relax, not bad for the price, $49.99
We went to the beach, it was really nice, the big bay and we liked it close to the port, we walked and took the boat back. People were very friendly..
Read 3,325 St. Maarten Reviews
Published 05/06/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Star Review
Norwegian Star Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?