Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Lowri: Excellent staff, amazing facilities...and a horrible storm!
Member Since 2008
Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Canary Islands Cruises
Excellent staff, amazing facilities...and a horrible storm!
I have just arrived home from a cruise around the Canary Islands on the Independence of the Seas. I will start with the positive, because there are so many! (I'll bullet point to quicken the process!)
- Staff do all they can to help you and are genuinely nice!
- I used the sports facilities a lot, which are amazing on this ship. Looking out over the ocean whilst on a treadmill makes it seem less monotonous!
- The food is really really good in the restaurant for evening dining and the buffet in Windjammer has all the the food you could ever imagine!
- The shows were really good (particularly the ice show) even though they weren't really my type of thing
- Cocktail of the day is cheap!! Think it was $6.75 which I thought was value for money!
- The coffee/bakery shop (can't remember it's official name) had some damn good food to offer! (blueberry loaf mmm...)
And the negatives :
- Had a horrible storm on day 2 which resulted in A LOT of sea More sickness, however this is obviously no-one's fault apart from mother nature!
- This is a pretty big negative, because of the storm we missed out on visiting Madeira which is meant to be the best port!! (and were only refunded $13?)So be careful about sailing through the bay of biscae...risky business I think..
- Really feel that the ship should offer a free shuttle bus service considering some places are an hours walk to any shops!!
All in all this ship is pretty impressive and I do not understand how people can comment negatively on the staff or the ship facilities...how much more can you pack onto something that has to float people!?? Less
Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: Independence of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 6166