Excellent staff, amazing facilities...and a horrible storm! : Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Lowri
Overall Member Rating
Excellent staff, amazing facilities...and a horrible storm!
Destination: Canary Islands
- Staff do all they can to help you and are genuinely nice!
- I used the sports facilities a lot, which are amazing on this ship. Looking out over the ocean whilst on a treadmill makes it seem less monotonous!
- The food is really really good in the restaurant for evening dining and the buffet in Windjammer has all the the food you could ever imagine!
- The shows were really good (particularly the ice show) even though they weren't really my type of thing
- Cocktail of the day is cheap!! Think it was $6.75 which I thought was value for money!
- The coffee/bakery shop (can't remember it's official name) had some damn good food to offer! (blueberry loaf mmm...)
And the negatives :
- Had a horrible storm on day 2 which resulted in A LOT of sea More sickness, however this is obviously no-one's fault apart from mother nature!
- This is a pretty big negative, because of the storm we missed out on visiting Madeira which is meant to be the best port!! (and were only refunded $13?)So be careful about sailing through the bay of biscae...risky business I think..
- Really feel that the ship should offer a free shuttle bus service considering some places are an hours walk to any shops!!
All in all this ship is pretty impressive and I do not understand how people can comment negatively on the staff or the ship facilities...how much more can you pack onto something that has to float people!?? Less
Cabin review: E16166 Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with BalconyDeluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (E1) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Read Cruise Critic’s Independence of the Seas Review >>
Could have been better.
first and last cruise
Excellent Cruise to the Canari...
Beware of College Spring Break...
OMG you can not even make this...
Drunken Frat Party