AmaLegro Cruise Review by worldtraveler58: AmaLegro 4/11/12

AmaLegro 4/11/12

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Budapest

This cruise was beyond my expectations.

Being in the travel industry over 35 years I have cruised a lot. I have done river cruises on the Nile and in China. I have to say this was the best!

One feature that I LOVED was having the free wifi in my room with a computer ready to use with the click of a button. I had to still work while on the cruise and stay connected with my office and what an easy way to do it. I think only one day I had trouble accessing the internet.

The staff was the friendliest I have seen and went out of their way to make you feel like a family. They would always greet me by name.

I loved having the choice of included tours at no additional charge...Fast paced, normal, gentle along with bikes to do it on your own as well as choices from walking, riding or different cities.

Nadia the "wine lady" was the best...my glass was never empty. Arthur runs a tight ship and if you have any concerns just ask and it will be fixed. I had More mentioned to him that I enjoyed water with my meals and I couldn't seem to get it as often as I would like. Well after mentioning it, I had water as soon as my glass was half full. I think Europeans don't remember that Americans love their water. He said he will remember that for future passengers. They always tried to accommodate you in any way. Tedy my room stewardess was one of the best I have ever had. I cannot say enough good things about her. I will be sadly disappointed the next time I cruise. I am sure after being spoiled by her none will compare.

The food from the different regions we traveled in along with region wines was such a nice touch. The special touches like Wine Tasting in Austria at night, the German band with beer in Villshofen made you enjoy all the regions also. The 60's night was a great start to the trip to get everyone out and meeting each other in a lively way. By the end of the cruise you felt like you knew most of the other guests.

There was the same foods every breakfast but such a variety every day. Fresh fruits, breakfast salads, meats, cheeses, breads and pastries, specialities of the day and if you didn't like any of the 2 sides of buffet items you could order from the menu of egg specialties, oatmeal, pancakes, etc. There was always some type of food by the bar in the lounge from early morning (5:30 a.m.) to late at night (11 p.m. we had Vienna sausage).

The ship was spotless and had railings on all the staircases as in any ship. There was some rainy days but they had large umbrellas to pick up as you walked out the door. They always greeted you on your return from shore excursions with a treat.

The only complaint I can think of....it wasn't long enough! We loved it so much we are planning another one for next year with a group of friends on another river! Less

Read more AmaLegro cruise reviews >>