Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Mainliner

Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: 4K
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Pride has lost it's pride!
It was a huge difference from just 8 months ago! Apparently the Pride has changed its executive staff and the ship has gone down hill ever since.

First off, sailing out of Baltimore is great! They really have their act together at the port. Getting on and off the ship is one of the best I've seen and the port workers are friendly and helpful.

The ship itself needs some cleaning up and maintenance. It's still nice, but the wear and tear is showing.

My biggest complaint is the executive officers and their assistants.

My wife and I work different shifts and when we go on vacation we devote all our time to just ourselves. The very first thing I do when I get on the ship is wait in line, 'over an hour' to see the matradee and get our dining assignment changed to a private table. I've never had a problem on 10 previous cruises until this one! Now this "my time dining" has consumed most of the private tables so the chances of getting one are very slim.

Some people might call it petty, but that's my vacation! Quiet and private!

I will say the room stewards were good and the waiters were excellent. But the new Matradee and his staff are rude, don't follow through with their promises and treat you like a pest. I was also amazed at the officers in uniform drinking at the casino lounge for over an hour on the last night! If your off duty, at least take the uniform off! A lot of people were taking notice to that, doesn't give you that comfy felling after they just had another ship sink because of a cowboy captain! I'm done with cruising for awhile. Going to try flying to a resort next time and see how that goes. Cruising was great just a few short years ago but the cutbacks on the food and service has taken it's toll on me. I would rather pay a higher price for excellent service like it used to be. I'm sure the newbies won't understand that!

Publication Date: 05/04/12