Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by becky11111

Member Name: becky11111
Cruise Date: April 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 6C
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

8 days exotic Southern Caribbean
This was my 3rd cruise with Carnival, 2nd for my kids. We booked ajoining oceanview room 6c rms 2339 and 2335.the rooms are perfect for us, lots of storage space, beds were comfy, pillows really soft. We carried on a 12pack of soda each and stored them in the mini bar fridge. The fridge really didnt get very cold but we used the ice and drank from glasses. Our room steward Fred was great he took really good care of our rooms. Our 3 girls a very messy and the crew did a great job every day, with great friendly attitudes. We tipped extra for him, they work hard long hours.

Our dining room was great too! Posh dining room early seating. Riz was our waiter they were very busy and tried very hard to get meals out and keep everyone happy. They did so well we tipped extra for him too!

The pool was average, the hot tubs were not very hot, and they close them early. The last night they closed them at 9pm! One of the things we love best is watching a movie in the hot tub at night. We were pretty bummed when the hot tub was closed like cruise is over go to bed! There were not a lot of kids on the ship, but for the most part very well behaved.

The shows were okay. The first nights show was kind of a preview of the shows to come and "funship freddy" made an appearance. My girls thought that was cheesy. The comedy shows were great. That's what my kids wanted to see most of all.(family ones, there are adult only shows-we did not go to) The "Jump jive and wail" was a good show. A little loud. The 2 lead singers can sing well but seemed to over sing too much. Costumes were really good.

The buffet lines were long, line cutters don't help either. But, the food was good. The potato salad and pasta salads are very tasty, the burgers are good, the Pizza joint in the back was not as good as I remembered from other ships. The pizza was kinda of soggy in the middle.

Advice from my 10 yr old is to bring goggles for the pool its salt water. From my 12 yr old= wear extra sunscreen( she burned a little on her shoulders)

In the dining room don't be afraid to ask for as many starters or entrees mix and match as you like but order all at once. Some nights I ordered 2 entrees, some nights 2 starters and a entree. Try the pasta pomodoro-yummy!

Bring a power strip there is only one plug in.

The ships photographers are great. We took tons of poses, bought lots of pics. Dont be afraid to tell them how you want the poses done!

The decor on the ship was not to my liking but who cares I'm on vacation not decorating my house!

It rained a few of the days. If its not a torrential downpour we still get in the hot tub. Only one day it rained that hard. We just went to our room to shower for dinner and take pics around the ship.

In all our cruise was fantastic. I would love to cruise on this ship again. Well worth the money. Carnival has the best prices and just as much fun as other cruise lines.

Publication Date: 05/03/12