Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by becky11111: 8 days exotic Southern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Southern Caribbean Cruises

8 days exotic Southern Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This was my 3rd cruise with Carnival, 2nd for my kids. We booked ajoining oceanview room 6c rms 2339 and 2335.the rooms are perfect for us, lots of storage space, beds were comfy, pillows really soft. We carried on a 12pack of soda each and stored them in the mini bar fridge. The fridge really didnt get very cold but we used the ice and drank from glasses. Our room steward Fred was great he took really good care of our rooms. Our 3 girls a very messy and the crew did a great job every day, with great friendly attitudes. We tipped extra for him, they work hard long hours.

Our dining room was great too! Posh dining room early seating. Riz was our waiter they were very busy and tried very hard to get meals out and keep everyone happy. They did so well we tipped extra for him too!

The pool was average, the hot tubs were not very hot, and they close them early. The last night they closed them at 9pm! One of the things we love best is watching a movie in the hot tub at More night. We were pretty bummed when the hot tub was closed like cruise is over go to bed! There were not a lot of kids on the ship, but for the most part very well behaved.

The shows were okay. The first nights show was kind of a preview of the shows to come and "funship freddy" made an appearance. My girls thought that was cheesy. The comedy shows were great. That's what my kids wanted to see most of all.(family ones, there are adult only shows-we did not go to) The "Jump jive and wail" was a good show. A little loud. The 2 lead singers can sing well but seemed to over sing too much. Costumes were really good.

The buffet lines were long, line cutters don't help either. But, the food was good. The potato salad and pasta salads are very tasty, the burgers are good, the Pizza joint in the back was not as good as I remembered from other ships. The pizza was kinda of soggy in the middle.
Advice from my 10 yr old is to bring goggles for the pool its salt water. From my 12 yr old= wear extra sunscreen( she burned a little on her shoulders)

In the dining room don't be afraid to ask for as many starters or entrees mix and match as you like but order all at once. Some nights I ordered 2 entrees, some nights 2 starters and a entree. Try the pasta pomodoro-yummy!

Bring a power strip there is only one plug in.

The ships photographers are great. We took tons of poses, bought lots of pics. Dont be afraid to tell them how you want the poses done!

The decor on the ship was not to my liking but who cares I'm on vacation not decorating my house!

It rained a few of the days. If its not a torrential downpour we still get in the hot tub. Only one day it rained that hard. We just went to our room to shower for dinner and take pics around the ship.In all our cruise was fantastic. I would love to cruise on this ship again. Well worth the money. Carnival has the best prices and just as much fun as other cruise lines. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Oceanview Main 2339

Great storage space, very clean rooms, comfy beds, soft pillows, great staff kept our 2 rooms spotless!!! We had oceanview 6c. Our hall was quiet, neighbors very nice. Staff greated us by name everytime we saw them. Even staff that did not service our rooms smiled and said hello. That I love!!

We did a group tour with cruise critic friends. Our excursion with "Sonny's Tour" he was awesome!!!!!!!!! For $30 and $15 for kids, he drove us all over the island. He was very knowledgeable and a good driver. We saw the natural rock formations and were there before the big buses pulled in so we didn't have to fight for space on top of the rock and got pics without a bunch of people in the way. Then we went and saw the natural bridge and baby bridge, that was beautiful, and we got there again before the big bus groups!He showed us a chapel, the old gold mining area, a lighthouse, Really, we saw the entire island!!! I would recommend Sonny's Tour any day. He only takes up to 10 people so you get great personal attention and what you want to see. We arrived everywhere before the big groups got there. You have to search for him online, well worth it!!!!
Read 686 Aruba Reviews

We got into port at 2pm. there was no excursion anyone in my family wanted to do. We just walked over the floating bridge and did some shopping. We were back on board ship at 5:30 for dinner. I did get some pretty pics of the bridge and the pretty colored buildings.
Read 503 Curacao Reviews

We stayed right at the port. They have a huge pool and chairs to use for free. The pool was clean and warm. The beach also had free chairs and plenty of shade. The sand was so soft and squishy. The water was so warm easy to get used to. Our girls found some shells and sea glass. We ate lunch on the ship, easy on easy off the ship at this port. typical shopping, jewelry stores, margarita-ville, Del sol, Ron Jon, nothing exciting. The island is famous for being the place were the space module splashed down near, so there is a monument there for that.

We emailed the Dreams resort for a day pass. For $60 each $30 for kids. All inclusive. The food was very good, many different restaurants to choose from. The pool was gigantic and beautiful. The grounds were beautiful. The beach warm and amazing. waves were a bit stronger than Grand Turk but okay for kids still. We took a taxi there 25 min drive $9 each, each way. There wasn't a lot of options of things to do in this port, this was very worth it!