Carnival Victory Cruise Review by cdmcruiser: Great week for us!

cdmcruiser

Great week for us!

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Our experience was a great one. Even though the ship is older and the decor is more dated, it was clean and well kept. We went to the ship at about noon and were surprised that after our check in, we were able to board the ship and have lunch and by then our bags were to our rooms. We unpacked and walked to see Old San Juan and the old fort.

We tried most of the food options and found them to be ok. I loved the salad bar selections on the buffet for lunch. The breakfast buffet was good, also....many options. Loved to get fries later in the afternoon as we sat in the sun. We found that if we went upstairs (stairs by dessert bar) there weren't many people there and we could always sit together by a window.
All of the entertainment on the Lido deck (by the big screen) was too LOUD.

We had early dining in the Atlantic Dining Room...there were 12 in our group and we were disappointed that we couldn't sit together so we rotated every night in order to be with More everyone at some point. Our waiter at our table wasn't too cheerful, we tried to start conversations with him but it wasn't until the last night that he started to talk...a little. I thought that it was good that they had the "everyday" menu in case there wasn't anything on the daily menu that you wanted.

The first two comedians were good...the last two were lame! Don't waste time going to their show. One of them asked if anyone had ever had a b-b gun when there were little....one person clapped their hands...but the comedian did half of his act about having a b-b gun as a kid! Hello, didn't he get that no one followed him?

Loved the performance of the music from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Lots of fun songs, dancing, singing, and costume changes. I suggest not sitting in the balcony areas...there were always hand rails to try and look over or under...it was annoying.

Did the segway excursion in Barbados...it is true that you go through a cow pasture but it takes you to breathtaking views...loved the tide pools at the beach at the end. We got to ride segways, though. I am glad that we did this tour to experience the views and segways, but wouldn't do it again.

The adrenline zipline tour in was really fun. The younger adults who were the guides on these two tours were so fun and friendly, we really enjoyed being with them. Also, the rides to the tours took you around the islands and we like to see the culture.

For about $50 each, we took 2 short taxi rides and a 20 minute water taxi ride to St. John's Trunk Bay on St. Thomas stop. Picture perfect beach, water and we snorkeled there for a $5 rental. I would highly recommend it.

Loved the beach and shopping on St. Maarten...just walked about 15 minutes from the ship....I could not believe how beautiful the water was there! WOW!!!

Back in San Juan...I would also recommend the Bioluminescent Bay tour at night...that was spectacular.

Ummmmm....can I please go again next month? Less