Crown Princess Cruise Review by flpalmgirl: Beware of Mini-suites

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

Beware of Mini-suites

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Embarkation was wonderful when we got off our bus I thought we are never going to get on and we had handicapped people that needed assistance but I have to say I was impressed, the only thing is that if the handicapped people could of gotten off the bus nearer the terminal! When we did get in the terminal once the wheel chair came, which was very quick, they were taken away and taken completely care of.

The service was absolutely wonderful! WE had Na from Thailand at our More table 252 in the Michaelangelo dining room and she was a delight....she steered us to the 'yummy yummy' dinner selections and she was dead on all the time! She made our dining experience a 5++++! The food was always delivered hot and anything that was needed was taken care of very quickly.

We did feel as though in the entertainment area there could be improvement! But they did have entertainment we could follow every night and enjoy very much Daniel Oliver in the Crooners Lounge was amazing!

It was overcast for most of our trip except when we got to our two ports....Curacao and Aruba which worked out very nicely. But did not get to sit on the balcony because of the rain, which I would have if I had a covering over it!!!! It also was too breezy because of the full exposure to the elements which I never get with a 'regular' balcony, let alone a mini-suite which was our first and was hoping for a lot more from the extra expense!

Now for disembarkation with our 'handicap' couple...we were sent to the Crooners Lounge and there was a delay because of Customs...when we were cleared no one announced this....then we are sitting there (for over 40 minutes) and my daughter hears someone talking to a princess worker about a 'lightblue color' and we had Express Walkoff .... so I approach him and he says we'll get a wheelchair right away...now why weren't they asking who had what and letting us know what was happening there were at least six workers standing around and not one said a word! So off we go but guess what? We had to take care of our luggage and theirs.....that was a real challenge and I had asked prior to embarkation if we could get assistance when getting off and on with the luggage even if we were 'express' and they assured us yes...of course I don't usually hesitate to speak up and shame on me I should of at this point but was afraid we might be holding the rest of our bus group up at this point since they were all in another lounge! We did make it off but I felt as though the person helping us should of called for someone to handle the luggage its not as if we weren't willing to pay for the assistance!

I've learned some lessons and just wanted to share 'lessons learned' with all of you.....don't get me wrong I loved my cruise but because of the balcony and the handicap assistance it would of been a 5!!!! Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess 114

I had found out prior to cruising because of reading Cruise Critic reviews that we had a mini-suite without a covering over our balcony! I tried to change our room but it was a full ship. I felt as though our travel agent should of been aware of this and warned us. I also called Customer Service at Princess Cruise Lines and told them that in the description of the mini-suites that should be added "some mini-suites do not have a covering over them"! This was a very big dissapointment to me. There is no reason whatsoever that this should be disclosed that are paying so much more for a mini-suite I thought my overall rating would of been over the top because of this and it was a very big issue for me. I always have a balcony and have never been dissappointed and so you can imagine how I felt when we upgraded to a mini-suite and arrive to an open deck!!!!!!