Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by CRUISEBOY305

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by CRUISEBOY305
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Member Name: CRUISEBOY305
Cruise Date: April 2012
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
        7-9 2.0

Royal Caribbean delivers the WOW
Royal Caribbean delivers the WOW once again on Allure of the Seas. One of the best cruises I've ever done, probably not the best but definitely one of the best. I've done several cruises with Royal Caribbean. I've also cruised with Carnival, NCL and Celebrity. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are always my brand of choice. I'm usually a solo traveler but this time around one of my best friends came along with her boyfriend, son and nephew. They had there own cabin and I had mine. We were all on Port side on deck 14. I was Forward they were aft. I had been on the Oasis and couple of years ago when she was brand new so I pretty much knew what to expect on the Allure.

Embarkation:

The fastest embarkation ever. No problems here, unless they do a coastguard inspection then you'll be waiting a while.

The Stateroom:

I had and D2 oceanview balcony. I had previously booked a D8 but just a few months before sailing they were having a Florida Resident sale so we upgraded to D2.

Public Areas:

All public areas on this ship are absolutely phenomenal. Central Park, Boardwalk, Royal Promenade, the Solarium and pool decks. All just wonderful. Central Park is literally just like a park most of the specialty restaurants are right there. Nice place to just sit relax, grab a coffee at the park cafe read a book or just people watch. My absolute favorite spot on both Oasis and Allure is the Boardwalk and Aqua Theatre. Feels like you're on an actually boardwalk in Santa Monica or Atlantic City. Royal Promenade is where most of the action is. All the parades. 70s night, Flash mobs. Lots of cool shops on the Promenade, there's also a starbucks which I visited at least twice a day.

Entertainment:

Here's where Royal Caribbean really delivers the WOW. Show's were amazing everything from the Aqua show to Chicago. The only show I thought lacked a little bit was the blue planet show. Still good, I enjoyed the 'Come Fly with me" show on the Oasis allot more. I would really stress to everyone to make show reservations prior to cruise, especially for the comedy show because the comedy club is very small and only holds a small amount of people. Also get to the venues at least 20 mins prior to the show. Also speaking of comedy, the comedian, Eric Lyden was hysterical. From what I understand he's on the Allure quit often.

Dining:

We didn't eat in the MDR at all. We basically ate at specialty restaurants with the exception of one or two nights. We ate at 150 Central Park, Giovanni's Table ,Izumi's, Rita's Cantina, and Chops. All wonderful restaurants. Even the dinner we had in the windjammer was pretty good. I've never really been fond of the windjammer food on past Royal Caribbean cruises but this time around I thought the quality of the food has improved allot. I found it to be much fresher than in the past. 150 Central was a little pricey but worth a try at least once. The cucumber martini's are to die for. Giovanni's is a personal favorite of mine. The tiramisu is fabulous. I had lunch a couple of time at the park Cafe, great place for soups, salads and sandwiches. Sorrento's also a good place for midnight pizza runs. Lol .

Allure of the Seas as well as the Oasis are both amazing ships. Everyone should at least experience these ships once. The ships alone are a destination. So much to do and see so much entertainment offered. I honestly think a week is not enough to cruise on theses ships. I will be cruising on these ships again in the near future.

Publication Date: 05/02/12