“A wonderful surprise!”
Cruise review of Cruise & Maritime Voyages Discovery

Orcas222 Discovery 5 A wonderful surprise!
Orcas222
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Had read many negative reviews and I want to tell everyone we had a marvelous time. We were on a 45 day Middle East trip leaving Singapore. We loved it so much we extended it one leg to go thru the Black Sea. Yes, the ship is older, but it is well maintained and kept spotless. There are no discos, casinos or fancy night clubs, but we didn't want that. You can always find live music evrerynight. . Our cabin was basic but clean. (We had the least expensive cabin). Our cabin steward was so sweet. The crew is fantastic. So friendly and solicitous. It feels genuine, not fake, like they are just waiting for thier tips, like on some other boats. Reception was always helpful. Wifi worked great. The chefs prepared me delicious healthy vegetarian meals when I did not want the vegetarian meal offered each night. The wait staff was lovely . Breakfast and lunch were buffet. Vegetarian choices were some what limited, but there was always a salad bar and wondeful fresh fruit. Because it is a small boat you get to know everyone and feel so comfortable. We went to interesting ports. The lectures were great. Although it is not a boat children usually go on, for part of the trip my children joined us and the crew were so nice to them. The Captain was charming and very accessible. Can't say enough good things. I think iit is a great value for your money. Ireally don't understand the negative reviews. Community Manager's Note: 'This review was written when the ship sailed for Voyages of Discovery. As of February 2013, it is now sailing under the Cruises & Maritime banner"
Overall Ratings

Published 05/02/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Discovery Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?