Eurodam Cruise Review by travel duchess

Member Name: travel duchess
Cruise Date: April 2012
Cabin Category: SA

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Every review will have truths
After reading hundreds of reviews, I have come to the conclusion that everyone is correct in their assessment. For example, our room was perfectly fine, but a fellow passenger had their room under the pool area where they had to listen to chairs being pulled back and forth all day and night. For all of the reviews on the Eurodam, I seem to be the only that was horrified by the filth stained wash cloths. If the line does not care to use bleach to get out the make-up or whatever else that can make towels look like that then they should throw those out. So my point is to allow for the possibility that every review's experience really can happen to you and be prepared. By reading all of those reviews through the years, I have been saved money and have had my expectations tempered, so I thank all who take the time to post. The path to our room went very well.

I found the Lido deck food to be the place that we had to default, we never found the temperature off as much of what we ate came off of a sizzling grill. The line saw fit to have the tiniest glasses, almost shot glasses to drink out of, this was maddening, and you did have to do a fair amount of running to get a meal completed. We found the dining room to be disappointing, the food took forever, I do mean forever despite the fact that on the few times we went, we went around 5pm. The portions were small, prententious, and not very good. We would be served steamed broccoli, or whatever veggie, no saute, glaze, spice or anything. The preparations were lazy. The best meal in the dining room was surf and turf night with escargot (outstanding) and steak and lobster. Keep in mind that Holland calls it self luxury, Carnival just says it's "fun". So we sat for 2-3.5 to dine on this stuff in the dining room or go the lido and eat within 30 minutes if desired. There was not a suitable dessert on the vessel, now we did not try the fee places, that just strikes me as foul, they should have premium quality food everywhere on the ship, not just in the so-called upgrade dining areas.

We ate early (the as you wish) to leave time for the shows. Well, it turns out we really didn't need time for the shows, they were really poor. The lead singers could sing but the productions would be laughable if I had not paid money for it. They would do well to hire someone from Broadway to whip up something remotely show worthy-I mean we laughed a little during and would howl and guffaw in our rooms afterward at the low level of entertainment. A Lot has been made about the age of the passengers, and they did have a good number of "seasoned" passengers, but I don't get why that would be an issue with anyone. I spoke, dined,and played trivia with them and found them to be engaging, intelligent and accomplished. I hope to get to be that age and would hope to have those attributes. What puzzles with some reviews that there appears to be an expectation that the cruise line run an urgent care and that people were indignant that any cruise personnel could not diagnose, cure and provide the comforts of an urban hospital. If one needs all that they may not be cruise worthy.

A note about Half Moon Cay, it was the only place where I was forced to take a line excursion versus lining up my own excursions. The eco lagoon cruise is a fraud, it had a poorly designed glass bottom, it had a covering that was so high, you could not look straight down in to it, but so what, there was absolutely nothing, I mean nothing to see, ever. They pointed out the stingray grotto where people could snorkel with rays and indicated that the rays were fenced in for their protection. Really? Protection from what? When I snorkeled with wild rays in the Cayman's, how did they manage to survive without being held captive. That sounds like a recipe for disaster, my wild rays were free to come and go at their leisure, the cay rays were trapped. To conclude, the ship was really pretty, and I was spoiled with the veranda, I will not be able to cruise again without one. I found the staff to be nice and helpful. If the line could correct my issues, I'd sail again, if not, not.

Publication Date: 05/02/12