Carnival Magic Cruise Review by milliganmonks

Cabin Category: 8A
Dining 5+
        3-6 1.0

Carnival Magic, provided lifetime of Memories
Embarkation: Lines went pretty quickly once we arrived at the Cruise Terminal. The only day was that the terminal had a system failure earlier in the day and we had to wait about 20 minutes in chairs before we were able to board after checking in.

Cabin: We had a balcony Cabin and will always recommend that for anyone wanting to travel. Utilize your personal outside space when you can, we had Champagne and Coffee on our balcony. Our (4) year old son thoroughly enjoyed hanging outside while cruising or in port

Waterworks: The Magic has the Carnival Waterworks Area on Board. Our son loved playing with the water toys and the smaller slides available. The (2) large water slides were only open on Port Days due to the high winds. The wife and I went down both of them and highly recommend for children of all ages.

Sportsquare: My (4) year old and I were on this deck everyday playing Miniature Golf together. This is a great added benefit that this Carnival ship has going for it. We didn't get a chance to do the Ropes Course as our son was too small for it.

Redfrog Pub: Great selection of drinks and the ThirstyFrog Red Beer was great, it was so good that they were sold out of it by Thursday on our (7) days cruise. Unfortunately, we didn't disembark until Sunday. Had a great mini date with my wife at this Pub.

Camp Carnival: A True life saver, our (4) year old called it his Cruise School. He actually asked to go most every day for a few hours. A great selection of activities are available throughout the cruise.

Cucina Del Capitano: We had lunch at this specialty restaurant and have to admit that it was tremendous. Great atmosphere and the pasta was awesome.

Prime Steakhouse: Took my wife to the Steakhouse for her birthday, very romantic atmosphere (with exception of tables being so close together). Overheard the couple next to us discussing there teenage children's grooming habits down below.

The steaks and wine choices were perfect, i had the filet and lobster and my wife went with a 14oz NY Strip that she couldn't finish. Don't know if it was worth the additional 30 per person, however, we had a great date.

Southern Lights Dining Room: Words can't express the level of service we had in this dining room for dinner. Our servers were the best I have ever had on a boat, plane, or land based store. The food was impeccable every evening from Short Ribs, Prime Rib, Lobster Tails to Salmon and everything in between. Servers slice our child's prime rib, pizza, and anticipated his every need.

Entertainment: We were so worn out from the daily activities that we all passed out before 10pm most nights on the cruise. We did love the Family Comedy show in the Punchliner Comedy Club and the Main Theater show was awesome. It was on 70's music and we had a great time with that.

We were looking at future cruises the Sunday night we arrived back on Land. Planning on doing a 5 day cruise on Carnival next April, maybe even a 4 day in September with my wife's office. I will recommend the Carnival Magic to anyone/everyone that I talk about vacations with.

Publication Date: 05/02/12