Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Palma 2005: Thomson Dream A Caribbean Cracker!

Palma 2005
0 Post

Thomson Dream A Caribbean Cracker!

Sail Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Barbados

Being frequent sailors since becoming cruises addicts fifteen years ago, and having cruised with all the major cruise lines, RCI, P&O, Princess and Celebrity, it is fair to say that we were extremely worried upon reading the reviews of the ship.
We needn't have bothered, and neither should you. True,our holiday did not begin well as our flight from Manchester suffered a long delay due to a damaged fuel seal, but the ship waited for us and we sailed only three hours late.
Our cabin was excellent as was our cabin steward Don Don. The food in the Orion was good as were our waiters, Dickie and Jay. We prefered Sirens on Deck 11 to The Lido on deck 9. A particular favourite of ours was the pasta bar, where any pasta dish you chose was made whilst you waited. I have to mention here, that I am very, very awkward and particular when it comes to food. Yes, I have had a better quality of food on some ships but believe me I have also had a lot worse on others.
The entertainment More overall was good, although a few of the bars were quiet in the evening and would benefit from some entertainment in them. This would relieve presure on The Medusa Lounge which was always packed by 9pm as it was the only one with a show at 9.30pm The entertainment staff worked very hard throughout and The Deputy Cruise Director, Lewis will surely be a Cruise Director before long.
We loved all the ports of call, ten in all, and found the trips to be very reasonably priced and well organised.
Thomson should be proud of their 'Dream Team.' They have to be the happiest crew afloat.
The sunbeds are an issue, but this is due the fact that there are only six balconies on the ship which means all passengers are looking for a seat outdoors. Also the problem is not helped by passengers who claim a bed and then leave it empty for hours.
Would I sail on this ship again? Asolutely, and I will now consider trying the other ships in the Thomson fleet.I think it unfair to compare ships as each one we have sailed on has had pros and cons. For us, the Dream was great, a very pleasant surprise. It was a 'Caribbean Cracker.' Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream 7117

Cabin 7117 Thomson Dream. Very spacious. Liked the decking floor in the bathroom. Did not like the extremely scaldingly hot water! The safe was a pain to open and close and we were not happy at having to pay for it. Good position midships close to lifts. Occasional noise from deck above as all bars are on deck 8, but nothing too bad.