Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Keith Moses: A relaxing Cruise and crowded

Keith Moses
0 Post

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Canary Islands Cruises

A relaxing Cruise and crowded

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Southampton

This was our 1st time on the Indi but we have cruised on RCI a number of times before. We usually opt for a Balcony Cabin. We were really pleasantly surprised at the size of the Cabin as it was very spacious. The cabin was clean and well appointed, I loved the bed large and had a very good nights rest. It was nice to have a kettle & coffee maker in the cabin, only problem was the cardboard cups had to take a cup from the Windjammers and asked the steward if we could keep it for the duration and he sad that would be Ok - so sorted that problem.The balcony was a good size to rest on and read.

The staff were really friendly & keen to help. anything we asked was done and our Steward was very friendly. unfortunately the lady in the next cabin died in the middle week and that shook us a bit never think of things like that happening on holiday.

We found the Entertainment on board to be the best we have experienced and the Stars v Stripes quiz show was hilarious. The More Stripes being the Captain & some Officers versus the Stars being the Cruise Director and some entertainment staff ....it is a MUST to see! We must recommend the Ice Shows really good but you need to stand for a long time to get a ticket to the show - poor that I thought, it was amazing and well worth it.

We decided on 1st seating for dinner (6.30) and found the quality of the food to be of a high standard and the dining room staff were very efficient and eager to please. The Windjammer Cafe was just a bun fight and had to wander around to get a table tried it three times and each time it was the same so just gave it a miss,might suit some who light to fight to eat NOT me. & Lunch it was a struggle to find seats but always found a seat after a few dozen circuits. The quality/choice of the food was very Hit & Miss but then again we always found something we could eat.

The ship was large and with about 3700 guests on board it's a crush to do anything, I found the ship too crowded at times, but my overall experience was good. weather I would go on the INDI again I will need to think about that one. Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>