Independence of the Seas 4

“A relaxing Cruise and crowded”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas

Keith Moses

Overall Member Rating

This was our 1st time on the Indi but we have cruised on RCI a number of times before. We usually opt for a Balcony Cabin. We were really pleasantly surprised at the size of the Cabin as it was very spacious. The cabin was clean and well appointed, I loved the bed large and had a very good nights rest. It was nice to have a kettle & coffee maker in the cabin, only problem was the cardboard cups had to take a cup from the Windjammers and asked the steward if we could keep it for the duration and he sad that would be Ok - so sorted that problem.The balcony was a good size to rest on and read.

The staff were really friendly & keen to help. anything we asked was done and our Steward was very friendly. unfortunately the lady in the next cabin died in the middle week and that shook us a bit never think of things like that happening on holiday.

We found the Entertainment on board to be the best we have experienced and the Stars v Stripes quiz show was hilarious. The More Stripes being the Captain & some Officers versus the Stars being the Cruise Director and some entertainment staff ....it is a MUST to see! We must recommend the Ice Shows really good but you need to stand for a long time to get a ticket to the show - poor that I thought, it was amazing and well worth it.

We decided on 1st seating for dinner (6.30) and found the quality of the food to be of a high standard and the dining room staff were very efficient and eager to please. The Windjammer Cafe was just a bun fight and had to wander around to get a table tried it three times and each time it was the same so just gave it a miss,might suit some who light to fight to eat NOT me. & Lunch it was a struggle to find seats but always found a seat after a few dozen circuits. The quality/choice of the food was very Hit & Miss but then again we always found something we could eat.

The ship was large and with about 3700 guests on board it's a crush to do anything, I found the ship too crowded at times, but my overall experience was good. weather I would go on the INDI again I will need to think about that one. Less

Independence of the Seas Cruises to Canary Islands

Published 05/01/12

Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review

Independence of the Seas Cruises to Canary Islands

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?