Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by krispykritter78: Pleasantly Surprised!

krispykritter78
Member Since 2012

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Pleasantly Surprised!

Sail Date: April 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was our first cruise we traveled with our 13 and 14 year olds. I was worried if the ship would be great due to other reviews on here. Just to get this out right off the back. If you're picky and looking for a top of the line ship with a brand new look and top of the line food then you need to keep looking. This is not to put down the ship at all I just felt the people that complained where looking for something more top notch.

Now on to my review, short and sweet. I thought the boat looked amazing for its age. They maintain it well. My only complaint was the carpet in the cabin hallways needs to be updated. Staff was amazing!! I cannot stress this enough they treated us like kings and queens. I loved all the food I ate at the main dinning. We had a set time for dinner and I would pick that again. Windjammer is your typical buffet style. I did always find something I loved! The kids liked having all the choices. We enjoyed all the ports and managed to make the most out of More each one.

Royal Caribbean was wonderful and I'm so glad we chose them for our first cruise. They did not disappoint! I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Grand Suite Deck 10

Bigger then I thought it would be. Loved having all the space we never felt crowded. Balcony was big all four of us could fit on it with space to move around. Lots of closet space and drawers to put clothes in. Bathroom was so big, two people could easily get ready in there. Hallways were mostly quiet. Perfectly located mid ship on the 10th level. Loved the fact that we got reserved seating by the pool and shows. We also got to have free drinks and appetizers from 5:30-8:30 every night.