Emerald Princess 5

Cruise review of Emerald Princess

curlygirly47
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

Just finished my first cruise on the Emerald Princess and we had a great time. The room was a fine size and the balcony made it perfect. We are both average size people so we had no trouble with the shower, which can be a little small for larger folks.

Most of the food was really good, some nights the menu read better than the food tasted, but the deserts, well you just have to experience them for yourself. The fish was kind of fishy tasting no matter how it was prepared, but the lobster and escargot were delicious.

The activities were varied and something was going on all day long. The coffee and ice tea were fine, no I didn't buy a 70.00 drink cup, that I thought was a bit much.

Our room was tended to all the time, and our waiter was so helpful with suggestions and wine recommendations. There was music going on at all times and the dance lessons were great.

The only thing I can say that could be improved are the mattresses. Our steward did put a More foam cover on the bed for us, but it didn't help. The mattress was just worn out and really should have been replaced.

The gym was wonderful, the classes were great that they offered and the pay for pilates and yoga classes were priced pretty much like home.

I would recommend this cruise to anyone Less

Emerald Princess Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BA210
excellent location, the lido deck is the best. The room was adequate size, the balcony was a must. Plenty of space to store your clothes and hang things up. Bathroom was a little small, but served the purpose.

Island Tour
toured the island with a local taxi driver who gave us the history and politics of the island

only there for 4 hours, should have had more time. Again used local taxi to see the island
Read 314 Bonaire Reviews

I think the tours offered by the cruise line are overpriced

Once again toured the island with a local driver, he was so informative and stopped at all the sights that the other "tours" stopped at. We paid a lot less doing it on our own and had no trouble booking someone
Read 482 Grenada Reviews

took the Trunk Bay tour, was told it was the best snorkeling. It was crowded and the snorkeling was only fair. It was expensive for what you got to see and the time that you spent on the island.

Published 04/30/12

Read Cruise Critic's Emerald Princess Review

Emerald Princess Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?