Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by iliv2cruz: The Silhouette Eastern Caribbean

iliv2cruz
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Caribbean Cruises

The Silhouette Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Embarkation: A breeze. We arrived at Bayonne via bus (Entertainment Tours) at noon, and were sipping our welcoming champagne at 12:30. (We were Concierge class which had a short, fast moving line.)

Room: Rm 9277 Port Side.
Our room was clean, spacious, bathroom and shower perfect size. Lots of shelf space in bathroom. A little concerned about the closet space, but everything did fit in perfectly. We could have used at least 2 more drawers, but the shelves above the bed were big enough for the rest of our clothes. It's just awkward if you're under 6' tall and need to reach for those clothes. The balcony was spacious and the chairs and footstools were quite comfortable. Nice TV w/great reception almost throughout the entire cruise. The room also came w/a good hair dryer, binoculars, and 2 umbrellas (which came in handy one day!)

Ship: Most of this ship is beautiful. I was not "wowed" by the Atrium though. Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty area, More but small and to me, not as impressive as other atriums. The rest of the ship was beautiful, (the porch, lawn club, library, hide-a-way, all the clubs and specialty restaurants were very pretty and always in spotless condition. The main dining room was beautiful, but cramped. The most cramped I've ever been on a ship. I felt bad for the staff in there as it was a tight squeeze for them to move around in. They were always welcoming, and cheerful. The pool was a decent size, though we usually don't sit in that area, we like sitting on the 15th deck where it's quiet and breezy. Very comfortable lounge chairs in all the deck areas. We tried the martini bar a few times and that was a show in itself. We saw 4 to 10 martinis poured at the same time and were very impressed with the bartenders there. You've got to stop by and watch, even if you don't have a drink, it's fun to see how they can pour several at one time.

Food: We had select dining and were very happy with that option. I booked the times we wanted to eat 2 weeks before departure and it worked out fine. We never waited more than 3-5 minutes once in the "reservation" line. The food was very good and service was superior in the Grand Cuvee'. I'd like to mention that our Cruise Critic group had a farewell luncheon on the last day at sea in the Grand Cuvee restaurant, and our group really appreciated the dining room staffs special efforts towards this gathering.
My husband and I also dined in the Murano which we thought ranked Food:4* Service 5* (out of 5), Qsine food and service 5* and Lawn Club Grill Food 4.5* service 5*. Note: I don't feel these restaurants should be priced so high ($40. pp), but we were able to get "2 for 1" prices which made it reasonable to us. They don't always offer this, but I think when the specialty restaurants aren't busy, they have offers during the week(s) of the cruise. Qsine was fun and had so many delectable entree's to choose from. We highly recommend going there if you want to give your palate a treat! We ate lunch at Bistro on Five ($5.00 cover charge) I got a salad and crepe for desert. It was a nice change and the crepe's were delicious!
We ate most of our lunches and breakfasts in the Oceanview cafe which we found very good, I especially enjoyed the paninis at lunch. We are early risers so the lines at breakfast were never long.

Entertainment: The Celebrity Orchestra was excellent! We went to 80% of the shows and thought they were favorable. Doug Cameron (violinist) was wonderful! They also had a Cirque du Soleil type of show and that was good, but incredibly good was the act where a women aerialist came down from the high ceiling, and did incredible acrobatic moves while many feet up in the air, using a long sheet/rope to hold her. She was awesome. Another great entertainer was Jordan Bennett who performed a few nights and had a beautiful voice.

Disembarkation: Also a breeze. We were called off at 8:45, grabbed our luggage, went through customs and were on our bus at 9:05. Very well organized.

This was a great ship, and wonderful cruise. I would gladly sail her again! Bon Voyage! Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 9277

The silhouette had beautiful cabins, but not enough closet and drawer space. The drawers above the bed were too high to reach. When you're on a 12 night cruise you need more storage space. thank you