Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Cruisinggirl101

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Cruisinggirl101
Carnival Pride
Carnival Pride
Member Name: Cruisinggirl101
Cruise Date: December 2009
Embarkation: Baltimore
Cabin Category: 8A
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        10-12 2.0

Disaster Cruise
We live in the Virginia area, so we found it great that we didn't have to pay for a flight to our embark port. We left from Baltimore, and i have to say Baltimore is a bad port, it was cold but we knew that would be the case since it was winter time. The people there were rude, and even left my 72 year old grandmother to sit out in the rain and wait for us since she had a straight flight from Florida to Baltimore. The lines were very long, the kids were still excited since they got to miss a whole week of school! Well we put the horrible embankment process behind us and got excited for the cruise, this was my husbands first time on a cruise too. My daughters have been cruising with me for years though so they had to help their dad find his way and have fun. It was so cold, we couldn't even go on the deck and relax we had to stay in doors, the kids weren't used to that, since they only been on cruises in the summer. Around 4:30 the ship set sail, again we couldn't even go on the deck to see the ship sail. We had a balcony room, we probably went on the balcony once or twice during this whole cruise. The first night, was boring, and i got sea sick, since the waves were rocking the boat so hard. I've never been sea sick ever, in my 5 years of cruise experience. The kids only got to go to the arcade...which they found enjoyment out of...but only for a little time. After awhile they didn't find the much excitement into going inside the arcade. The first night for dinner was standard, it wasn't really impressing to anyone at my dinner table, not even my husband, and this again is his first cruise.

We had 2 rough days at sea, our room cleaner was rude, he even used the bathroom and he didn't flush! What a creep. I filed many complaints about him and nobody did anything about it. Our first port was Orlando, Florida the kids been here more then 10 times but they were still excited to go to Disney world! Keep in mind my daughter were 10 and 9 at time. We all were excited to get off the ship and see some land, and to our amazement, Florida was FREEZING COLD. My family thought it was gonna be at least warm, so we packed shorts, short sleeve tops, so on , and so on. We didn't even get to go to Disney world. Which was disappointing but it was so cold! Our 2nd port was the Bahamas. The Bahamas was nice, we had been there before but we wanted to find something to do on land and not on the ship. We went to a nice beach toured Atlantis and went back on the ship, it was a fun and finally warm day! I have to say Bahamas was the only good things about this cruise. The rest of the days on the ship were basically torture! My kids never gotten sea sick, but they gotten very sick. My husband tried to have tried fun by going clubbing and having some drink and gambling, and no my husband is not a gambler or a alcoholic :) Anyways, it became a daily thing that we have our evening naps, which the kids never sleep on the cruise they stay up all night and day. I felt really bad, but at the same time i didn't know this cruise would be like this!

We were suppose to dock in Mexico, but the weather Prohibited that we can't dock there. Which was disappointing. Wasn't really anything good about the cruise, the art was explicit and not for kids. When the cruise was over the kids were happy, it was snowing in Baltimore so it took a long to to disembark, once again the Baltimore people were rude. But no worries we would not be going to this port again. My advice to you is, check weather updates, and see whats happening in other countries and islands. Check reviews, and scoop out the cruise online. It's better if you know whats on you're cruise. I sill love carnival, and maybe if the service or the weather wasn't so bad i would of liked pride. But i didn't my husband didn't and the kids didn't. We still continue to go on carnival cruises, we love them! My husband refuses to go on another cruise! But we still cruise and we our cruising on the Valor on August, 18, 2012! We are EXCITED .
Publication Date: 04/30/12