Ruby Princess Cruise Review by cvogt2: Eastern Caribbean- April 15, 2012

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Eastern Caribbean- April 15, 2012

Sail Date: April 2012

My husband and I took the 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale with stops at Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk.

Embarkation- We got to the port around noon and it was pretty busy but the line seemed to go quickly and they handled it well. We boarded and are room was ready. This was our 2nd cruise and we got a balcony room this time. I definitely reccommend a balcony. There is nothing like being out in the middle of the ocean at night.

The room was good size. Lots of closet and shelf space. The bathroom was okay size except the shower was a little small and not much place to put your shampoo, conditioner and etc. Luckily the toilet is right there and you can place things on the back of it. Our refrigerator always had ice which was really nice.

Princess Cays was nice. Very beautiful beach and water but not much to do but relaxing is nice.

Loved St. Maarten. Went on a tour with Bernards tours and it was More the best! Totally recommend it.

St. Thomas was also nice but there was a lot of traffic on the island. We went on a catamaran cruise that we booked through Princess. It was great. WE snorkeled off Honeymoon beach off of St. John. What a beautiful sail from St Thomas to St John. We saw lots of fish, coral and a few sea turtles.

Grand Turk has some beautiful beaches. We went into town and went to the museum. There is some really neat history. We hung out at Margaritaville. It was cool but definitely overpriced and rather spend my time at the beac. The beach is lined with chairs right there at port so you can pretty much just hang out there all day.

The boat had endless things to do onboard. There were lots of movies to watch on deck, games to play, comedians, and other shows. The magic show was great. We spent a lot of time in the evenings in the Explorer lounge after dinner. We did Anytime Dining and loved it. We usually hung out and relaxed in our room after port or at the pool and at anywhere between 7 and 8:30. I liked the flexibility so we coulld plan our evening as we wanted. The food was much better than I thought it would be. Even tried escargo one night and it was delicious. Also tried Crown Grill- definitely worth the extra money.

Our last day at sea we even did a 5k. 7 laps around the ship on deck 7.
All in all it was a great trip. I would definitely do this itinerary again! Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Aloha Deck B735

Lots of closet space Small shower