Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by everyday gorgeous: RC needs work

RC needs work

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Other

As a seasoned cruiser, I just need to share my experiences hoping that I can enlighten a few of you when choosing which cruise line to take.
It rained all week and the decks were closed for most days due to wind.. thats fine. I know that you can't have perfect weather all the time.. but there was little to do if you should run into this.
I LOVE to gamble.. but the SMOKE in the casino was so overpowering that it filled up the promenade most nights like a cloud making it not an option to enjoy a night in the casino.
The Piano bar man who was playing was not really fun. He made the songs his own not allowing anyone to sing along.. :( I love to sing along.. really needed more good music as it it the way to bring people together.
the ice show was amazing..
The production shows were oK i think that Carnival has a better variety of fun shows, comedy than RC does... would have loved some comedy options..not too many on this ship.

I am 44 and love to have More fun and am open to many things.. I just felt like this ship was NO FUN at all..and filled with uptight people, who find it fun to listen to piano/violin music and do the waltz..outside wasn't an option.. so there was not much to do inside for 5 days.. I was a bit bored really. The dining room staff was not as fun.. I remember singing and dancing at dinner time on Carnival.. this dining room was pretty uptight as well.
It is a beautiful ship .. don't get me wrong.. but I will be going back to having fun .. with friendlier people on board in the future.. I WANT TO LAUGH AND HAVE FUN.. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 9520

The cabin was nice, spacious.. no issues other than they decided to do maintenance on the hot water heaters at 9am in the morning and did not get to take a shower until later that day.. not really smart,

easy on and off and the bus drivers are helpful. The people of Bermuda are Kind and nice helping to get you around safely. The Crystal caves were really cool.. Loved that.. and Horse shoe bay was gorgeous.. a must see for sure.. Loved the island but the wind was so strong on our trip.. the frog and onion had HORRIBLE service... Get the ferry/bus pass.. worth it to get around... taxi's are a rip off..The royal naval dockyard was nice to walk around..and snorkel beach was cute to get your feet wet without going far..