Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Cruzin247: Quitting Carnival Cruise Lines

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Quitting Carnival Cruise Lines

Sail Date: April 2012

The experience at embarkation, on-board, and disembarkation was so bad I thought about leaving the ship everyday I was on it during our 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise.

At embarkation the line wrapped around the cruise terminal like a trail of ants.We got in line at 1:15pm and did not get on-board till almost 3:30p. We were starving, thirsty and tired from all the standing. By the time we got to the buffet they started closing it to get ready for muster and 4pm sail away. I was livid at having to stand again for a total of 3 hours and appalled that Carnival did not take into account the well being of their passengers during the 2.5 hours it took them to process us.

There was not enough eateries open when people were hungry which meant you had to go back to your room and wait 30-45minutes for room service to bring your food.

When the eateries WERE open the lines to get food were so long, from all the people starving and confused with hours of More operation.

Smokers are harassed with a nonsensical smoking policy in the casino, disco, and anywhere on-board they say you can smoke yet make it nearly impossible to do so.For example in the casino you are NOT ALLOWED TO SMOKE WHILE STANDING IN THE SMOKING SECTION !?! In the disco you need to be 12 inches away from the bar to smoke but yet they set the ashtrays on the bar. You could also smoke at the tables that had ashtrays but they were all at the bar where you could not smoke !?! You are allowed to smoke outside on deck 3 but the heavy doors leading outside were locked 90% because of the bad weather!?! The stage is a smoking area but ashtrays and ship staff could not be found anywhere!?! So the ONLY REAL PLACE WAS UP ON DECK 10 (where the ashtray are attached to the rails) and where it was so windy and cold, there was no point in even wasting the flame it took to light up.They harass the smokers but let the kids run wild in the adult areas, I even saw a kid play slots in the casino while staff told a smoker to put his cigarette out.!?!

The main dining room service was slow, food tasted horrible and the portions were kid sized small. It made my travel companion and I feel like pigs ordering 3 of everything just to feel full especially when they served seafood. Imagine tiny bay shrimp served as "shrimp cocktail"!?!

The extra fee steakhouse on Deck 10 got our orders wrong cooking my filet mignon well and my travel companion's porter house medium rare.Than charged us for the complimentary bottle of wine (for booking there the first night of our cruise) when we got our bill at the end.

Good luck in ordering from the Bon Voyage depart prior to the cruise and not having a printed receipt. I pre ordered 5 bottles of wine "on request" and I was only given 1 because I could not prove the order!?! (plus I got charged the comp bottle of wine from the steakhouse)

Guest services staff are unfriendly, confrontational and rude if they have to deal with you more than once. If dealing with Kevin wait for another employee or walk away, you will save yourself from high blood pressure.

Don't expect clean public bathrooms, esp Deck 9 (lido) or working hand sanitizers.

The tortillas at the Blue Iguana were pre made and sitting making them taste like hard dough

Disembarkation took 2 hours and we were zone 2!?!

and the list goes on......

This was my 10th cruise and the 3rd and final one with Carnival.The bad experiences cruising with Carnival out weighed the good and I was running off the ship at each port. I will never book (or let any of my family or friends book) a Carnival Cruise or that of their affiliates for as long as I live.I am 26 years old and make it a point to take 2 cruises a year since I turned 21, so including the cruises my family and friends take that's alot of revenue another "MORE PASSENGER ORIENTED" cruise line will look forward to.Look elsewhere for a better cruising experience, we work hard for our money and we're worth better service and treatment than what Carnival offers! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Interior Verandah 8432

Aft Cabin 8432. Perfect location for heavy sleepers that like to be near the lido deck.