Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Ian McDermid: Un happy with Thomson

0 Post

Un happy with Thomson

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Barbados

Having booked my first cruise with Thomson as a single person I was looking forward to a great holiday.

The flight was delayed 4 hours and we were given a £4 voucher to spend, but not a lot cost £4 in an airport.

Having arrived on board the ship I was show to my cabin on deck 4 at the forward end to find a single cabin which when putting my arms out I could touch both walls. I was disappointed as having to pay extra for travelling along and only getting a single cabin. Having been given a single cabin I had not stopped a couple from using the cabin so why was it I was charged extra. Thomson said read the A-Z in the brochure. The A/C did not work correctly and after complaining it was set at 20.3C and given a fan to use as it was too hot to sleep in. When the ship docked each morning the side thrusters came on and the winches were started up making one hell of a noise, so no chance of a lay in.

I went to the theatre one night and the seat collapsed More causing me to fall to the floor.

There was plenty of food on board but the presentation needed to be desired.

On a positive note the Islands that we visited were excellent.The staff were very friendly. it was also nice to leave your suit case at the airport and have it turn up at your cabin, the same when returning home. Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream 407

Cabin 407 was very small, A/C not working correctly and very noisy when docking. The shower was powerful and hot.

I went on the views of Antigua and found it very good and the guide very informative.
Read 808 Antigua Reviews

Pick up the ship here and returned to Barbados, it looked a very nice island
Read 707 Barbados Reviews

Emerald Pool

(4)
A nice trip booked at the dock with a local taxi at about half the price of the cruise line. There was a chance to take a dip in the pool and go under the water fall in you wished.

Scenic Railway

(3)
Pleasant trip on the train the views were very much the same, but the people were very friendly and the drinks were very forth coming.

A very nice and friendly island.I only walked around but found it to be very pleasant.