Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Ian McDermid

Member Name: Ian McDermid
Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Barbados
Cabin Category: OU
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Un happy with Thomson
Having booked my first cruise with Thomson as a single person I was looking forward to a great holiday.

The flight was delayed 4 hours and we were given a £4 voucher to spend, but not a lot cost £4 in an airport.

Having arrived on board the ship I was show to my cabin on deck 4 at the forward end to find a single cabin which when putting my arms out I could touch both walls. I was disappointed as having to pay extra for travelling along and only getting a single cabin. Having been given a single cabin I had not stopped a couple from using the cabin so why was it I was charged extra. Thomson said read the A-Z in the brochure. The A/C did not work correctly and after complaining it was set at 20.3C and given a fan to use as it was too hot to sleep in. When the ship docked each morning the side thrusters came on and the winches were started up making one hell of a noise, so no chance of a lay in.

I went to the theatre one night and the seat collapsed causing me to fall to the floor.

There was plenty of food on board but the presentation needed to be desired.

On a positive note the Islands that we visited were excellent.The staff were very friendly. it was also nice to leave your suit case at the airport and have it turn up at your cabin, the same when returning home.

Publication Date: 04/26/12