Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by langleyman

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by langleyman
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: langleyman
Cruise Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 2C
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Service Not Rated

Disapponted
Getting aboard was easy and without trouble. We got to our room which I felt was smaller than other ships. but it was clean. Went out to the veranda and was surprised to find all the railing's rough and unpainted considering it had a $40,000,000 upgrade you would think that the railings would be a must. Also the bed was hard and small we had to ask for a foam to ease the pain.

That first night we went to the dining room for supper with the number they gave us to the table. We got stopped at the door as the Asst. Maitre d' would take us, so we wait our turn and when he took us the table was full. So back to the bar where the Maitre d' was dealing with other people with the same problem. He made a phone call and had his Asst. send us to another table which by the way turned out to be a great move, we had wonderful people at our table.

Now about the food and service. We had a nice server but very nervous and he screwed up on what the people ordered but that was okay, what I did not like was the main course, in some cases it was under cooked or over cooked I had a Lobster dish and had to ask for the hot butter only to be brought a container that the waiter proceeded to put the butter on instead of the little pots with a fire under them. After tasting it it was as hard as a rock, that ended that dinner.

Now on to the drink waiters by the pool. I can remember going on a cruise and finding the waiters coming at you with the drink of the day, and during the cruise they were there to offer that days drink or any thing you wanted. On this one not a one to be had anywhere except behind the bars and through out the whole trip by the pool they were very hard to find.

Now my wife and I bought the drink package where you could have any drink up to $8.00. I had asked a representative of Celebrity before we left what would happen if I bought a drink more than $8.00 and she told me that we would only pay the difference so that was fine, but on the ship most of the waiters did not know and when we went to the front desk they did not know, they had to phone us and tell us no we can't do that. We brought one bottle of wine on to the ship and they actually took it away from me where I know other ships allow it.

The Entertainment was very good except when their own people did it not very good. We actually walked out on one of their shows. The rest of the time they brought very good acts in and made it worth while to watch.

Overall it was an okay cruise but they are trying to cut corners o save money and I can tell you that doesn't work. I for one will not cruise Celebrity again until there are some changes made.

Publication Date: 04/25/12