Thomson Dream Cruise Review by J Horn

Member Name: J Horn
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Barbados
Cabin Category: IN
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Glad I don't listen to the reviews !!!
Please Please Please, Take note. I have travelled around the world and have always brought my children. My wife and I have never taken any longer then a short trip away from the Children in 18 years, even our eldest was present on our honeymoon.

I love getting out and about and seeing the sites and hearing, smelling and experiencing the life where I am has to offer. My Wife has the lay and bake approach on holiday, which is a relaxing type, so as you can see we were going to find it hard to tick both box's.

Thomson Dream cruise and Thomson flight which left from Newcastle were reduced on one of the internet sites last 2 seats on the plane were left, so I booked it! I KNEW I MIGHT BE IN TROUBLE ! She came home looked at the reviews and to be far there were some howlers, and some not so bad.

I just reassured her it was just us in a inside cabin on the 5th floor and we wouldn't be spending a lot of time in it anyway! One of the reviews said they could even smell sewage in the back stairway on the 5th floor at the rear of the ship, which worried me !

We are both very social people and always treat everyone the way we would like to be treated, EVERYONE! No matter where they come from or how old they are. This has always stood us in good stead touch wood.

Well Ladies and Gents We both found this cruise right on the money. Itinerary was great. We docked every day but one each week and got to see most of the islands we visited every time on a taxi tour which was only $20 each which also included 2-3 hours on the beach. But the time spent on the beach was down to us! They never took any money until they came back and picked us up from where they left us.

The food in all the restaurants was spot on, Freshly batch cooked all through service times on every sitting. Bread needs a special shout out eat way to much of it. Restaurant on the 4th floor had great waiting staff and were very attentive to my diabetic needs. We treated ourselves to the Grill twice and OMG for the extra £20 each I have paid £300 for us to have a meal that was as good!

The shows are a must! Casino had a Texas Holdem Tournament which I entered for a laugh (never done it before) always watched it on T.V so wanted to give it a go £20 winner takes all!

Photos on board are expensive £7.99 each - £12.99 but a simple no and they won't take your picture. Their always on show if you want to buy them if not they get shredded which I hate the thought of waste etc.

The Captain had a story to tell every day and what a character! Spent an hour with him when we were invited to the Sale away on the Bridge which was a great experience.

It wouldn't be a review without a bit of criticism, bit noisy when leaving and docking in our room, and she looks very clean but a bit tiered in places thats it!

Lastly the only smell at the back stair well, was cooking! Cabbage Spinach Cauliflower etc

Book this Holiday on this ship you won't be disappointed if it's your first. You'll have no expectations.

Publication Date: 04/25/12