Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Bell Range

Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: U.S.A.
Cabin Category: BC
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | U.S.A. Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Easter California Coastal
This was our fourth Princess cruise and our second, but first on the newly refurbished Sapphire. We decided on this cruise because we got a great deal, and it fit into our schedule over the Easter holidays. We booked only about four weeks out. We grew up in California, but thought it would be fun. I have to say, I absolutely loved the ports. Beautiful and exciting places. All of them!

We drove to the port and arrived around noon. Parking was literally right across the street from the terminal. Since less ships are porting there, there was tons of parking and extremely close. Porters will take your bags as you cross over to the terminal. Be sure to tip. Check in was easy, but had to wait till 12:30 p.m. to board. I was anxious to see the ship as we had sailed on it four years ago, and I knew it had been remodeled. The only huge difference I saw is the atrium and the addition of Movie under the Stars. I loved the pizzeria, although I wish they had a few more selections on the menu. I was a bit disappointed in our balcony room at first because it looked pretty much the same as four years ago except the bedding. The carpet was stained and noticeable. So, they didn't appear to do much with the rooms. We had an issue with our toilet working correctly, and it took two calls and one to a supervisor to get it resolved. Our steward did all she could. However, that said, all was wonderful. Service was great in the dining rooms and most especially at the passengers desk.

Ports were all great. We loved them! So much to do at each. Even loved Ensenada. We did the wine tour with Princess. Awesome tour guide and lovely wineries. Beautiful wineries. I would highly recommend this tour.

Publication Date: 04/25/12