Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Bell Range: Easter California Coastal

Easter California Coastal

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: USA
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was our fourth Princess cruise and our second, but first on the newly refurbished Sapphire. We decided on this cruise because we got a great deal, and it fit into our schedule over the Easter holidays. We booked only about four weeks out. We grew up in California, but thought it would be fun. I have to say, I absolutely loved the ports. Beautiful and exciting places. All of them!

We drove to the port and arrived around noon. Parking was literally right across the street from the terminal. Since less ships are porting there, there was tons of parking and extremely close. Porters will take your bags as you cross over to the terminal. Be sure to tip. Check in was easy, but had to wait till 12:30 p.m. to board. I was anxious to see the ship as we had sailed on it four years ago, and I knew it had been remodeled. The only huge difference I saw is the atrium and the addition of Movie under the Stars. I loved the pizzeria, although I wish they had a few more More selections on the menu. I was a bit disappointed in our balcony room at first because it looked pretty much the same as four years ago except the bedding. The carpet was stained and noticeable. So, they didn't appear to do much with the rooms. We had an issue with our toilet working correctly, and it took two calls and one to a supervisor to get it resolved. Our steward did all she could. However, that said, all was wonderful. Service was great in the dining rooms and most especially at the passengers desk.

Ports were all great. We loved them! So much to do at each. Even loved Ensenada. We did the wine tour with Princess. Awesome tour guide and lovely wineries. Beautiful wineries. I would highly recommend this tour. Less

Read more Sapphire Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Sapphire Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Sapphire Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Baja

Ported very close to town. We did the Princess excursion winery tour. It was really worth it, and very nice. The tour guide was exceptional. We drove on a very new air conditioned bus. The first winery was state of the art and the valley where the winery is, is just gorgeous. The second winery was smaller, but very friendly. We felt very safe and enjoyed this tour. After, we went shopping in Ensenada on our own, and again, we had a nice time in the shopping area. Took a cab back for about $6 or so. There is a shuttle if you like.
Read 251 Ensenada Reviews

Again, ported right there downtown. We did the Midway Aircraft carrier tour. Again, loved it. Walked right down and got tickets there. Love San Diego. There is so much to do and all fairly close by.

Ported right there near Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. We took the Alcatraz tour. I booked it online. Highly recommend going as it was very interesting. Book online as it can fill up.