Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by cfcsarg

Cabin Category: D6
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Almost persuaded !
Having sailed on the Oasis two years prior my wife and I were excited about the opportunity to sail her again.We arrived at the check in after 12:30 pm so the check in was a breeze . Went straight to the ship and our stateroom to get rid of luggage. Having dined at the Park Cafe on last cruise we headed straight there for lunch. Everything was excellent as remembered.Having just disembarked from the Liberty the prior week we could sense the spring break crowd had thinned out considerably .This really doesn't bother us since we are disabled anyway so we spend a lot of time at the trivias during the day which gives us an opportunity to meet other guests and learn something new in the process.We are Diamond Plus members with the C&A society so for the evening we headed to the Concierge lounge. This was one of the reasons for our return to an Oasis class ship because of being spoiled on the Allure last year after achieving Diamond Plus status.The staff in the lounge were very friendly and a pleasure to be around all week. Only complaint I had at the lounge was the suite guess had no regard for proper dress code in the evening many coming in their bathing attire with a thin pullover along with their flip flops.I'm sure many were first time cruisers and didn't realize that there was a dress code.They probably only looked at what it cost for the suite so chose to come as they pleased.

Only other bad experience was the main dining room in the evening. We had reserved a table for two but as usual our request was not honored. We were seated with four other guest. After getting to know each other that was not the real problem. Our table location was in the middle of the third floor dining crammed against the other tables. I really felt bad for our waiter and assistant waiter because they had virtually no room to maneuver around the other guest. We certainly didn't have this problem at the prior sailing on the fourth floor.Not only was it crowded but you almost had to yell across the table because of the amount of noise! It was definitely a pleasant experience! My wife and were tempted to just go to the Windjammer for dinner after that first night but out of respect for the other guest at our table and the wonderful service from the wait staff we stuck it out.We have a back to back cruise booked at a later date on the same ship so if we see our dining position is similar Windjammer here we come!

I would recommend Johnny Rockets for breakfast in the mornings which is complimentary verses having to pay a cover charge for lunch and dinner. The dive show and the entertainment in the main theatre was great as I remembered on the last visit plus we even took in a 3d movie one afternoon.

Being such a large ship you would think the disembarkation process would be a hassle but they have it down to a science at this terminal. Having a 13 hour drive ahead of me I got the first tags available for checking luggage which was set for 7:15 am. At that exact time we were allowed to get off the ship for a swift and uneventful claim of our luggage, through customs and to our shuttle service provided by Air & Sea Parking which is located just couple blocks from the port. I was on the road headed home by 8 am ! All in all I am looking forward to going on the Oasis again so I would recommend it to anyone because it is a spectacular ship !

Publication Date: 04/25/12