Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Browndawg: Three Family Spring Vacation

Family & Children 4.3

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Three Family Spring Vacation

Sail Date: April 2012

To start off I was the planner for a party of 13, 3 families with adults from 38-46 and 6 children from 9 to 20 years old. I planned via the Internet everything from the pre and post cruise transportation to the pre and post trip Hotel. We decided we wanted to spend a couple nights before and after our cruise at a hotel. I did a ton of review reading SO as we could learn from others which is why I am writing this review so that it may help others.

We flew into Ft Lauderdale on Thursday 4/12. I had booked a stretch Hummer Limo thru Moveo Limo of Miami. He was a great price at $225 for the trip each way, with 13 of us it was almost half the price of the ships transportation and he was right on time, Eddie who I had spoke to on the phone a couple times was great, they even thru in a trailer for our luggage, the ride was beautiful. He also picked us up at the cruise port on sat, we were early so I called them and they drove right over with another sweet Hummer limo. No surprise More charges afterword. Moveo Limo is a great deal.

We stayed at the Double tree Grand, it was also very nice, huge motel,right on the bay, very friendly, good price, that's of food options right in the hotel and local FREE train loop transportation one block away as well as a Safeway grocery store 1 block away, i wish we would have stayed here on our return from the cruise port but I will get to that later. We had a day to go to the beach so the boys out front got us a ride with Mario who brought us to Miami beach and picked us up when we called for $6 buck a person. Mario was great too...funny and friendly, he offered to pick us up the next day and bring us to the cruise port for $5 a head, so we did that too! It turned out to be a great choice to go a couple days early.

Sat we headed on the ship,which went flawlessly,we chose an inside low budget room since we knew we would not be there much, I have to admit I did try to smuggled aboard a case of beer and some Rum,when we hot to our cabin there was a note to pick up our booze at the end of the trip which I did with no complications and we had plenty to drink at our hotel before we came home. My pal Rob on the other hand did manage to get his case of beer thru(the same bud bottles they serve on the ship)and we enjoyed those one day, but it still did not put much of a dent in our sail and sign bill.

The weather was a little rough the first few days and windy but it all worked out, sunny and sunburned,Anderson at the Red Frog rum bar is awesome, he kept us entertained and our glasses full, we pretty much were at our same spots everyday. Beers are expensive at $24 for 4 but what the hell were on vacation.

The Guys burgers are awesome, the sandwich place is awesome, pizza was great, all their food was awesome, from some of the reviews I read it seems like some folks were on a different Liberty than me, I think it was all great! The staff was all very friendly,they do very well at remembering names its their thing I guess but I like that, they all work so very hard.

Ports were all standard depending on what you want to do and what you may have done before, Margarita ville was pretty nice with a nice beach, the snorkel trips are always good!

One thing that was lacking from our other cruises was the entertainment, Carnival has gone down hill on it's show. Jamie the cruise director did a good job with her portion but the show just were not that exciting.

We had a great time on the ship and it went by way to fast, the kids ran amuck all they wanted and had a blast meeting new friend, getting off the ship was quick and easy, customs was very quick too.

Moveo Limo picked us up once again and dropped us in Ft lauderdale at the Airport Hilton, our driver this time was not as good as the 1st but he got the job done. Now the Hilton was another story, the employees there were not friendly at all, and this Hilton is in need of some work, dirty poll with a light hanging out of its fixture with 4 feet of wire in the pool, debris everywhere outside, our room door did not close right, and more I wont bore you with,I would not recommend this Hilton. We took a cab the Hotel got for us over to Hollywood Broadwalk which was nice, a lot going on and a good place to be for the day at the beach with the family, we stayed two nights and went home after being away for 12 nights, it was a great vacation that seemed to all work out pretty darn good. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Interior Empress 3417

Everthing was great! Small issues with cabin when we 1st arrived buit were fixed very promptly.

Margaritaville is awesome!