Ruby Princess Cruise Review by ricok987

Cabin Number: E218

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Ruby Princess 4/15/12
Cruise:

Eastern Carribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale with Pricess Cays, St Maarten, St Thomas, and Grand Turk port destinations.

Cabin:

E218 Port Side-Forward, Oceanview-Obstructed. My Cabin Steward, Ricardo, kept the room clean, and ice bucket full. That is pretty much all I asked of him and he came through. The view out the window was obstructed by 2 life boats, and the crane that holds them in place.

Ship:

Very clean, freshly painted. I was on deck 8. Promanade was deck 7, Lido was deck 15, and Main Dining Room deck 6. Depending on where you spend the most of your time dictates which deck would work best for you. I never felt that I had to go far, or wait on line for anything aboard.

Food:

Main Dining Room-we ate here only for dinners 6 of the 7 nights aboard. Menu was adequate, but it lacked the little extras which makes a memorable experience. I never had the problem of having a tough choice between 2 items in any of the categories on the menu.

Lido: Hot Dog/Burger Station, Pizza/Ice Cream Station, Buffet: We ate on the Lido for all breakfasts, lunches, and 1 dinner. There really are 2 buffet lines for dinner-1 standard, and 1 with a theme. The pizza was very good, and burger & fries & such were average.

Other Venues: Sabatinis, Crown Grill-did not dine there

Entertainment:

I went to 1 production show, and also saw 2 different comedians in the Explorer's lounge. They also have some shows in the Piaza (lobby), the standard Lido Band, and a jazz quartet in the Wheelhouse Bar. I felt entertained at times.

Other: I gambled a little in the casino, watched a few movies under the stars on the Lido Deck, took an exercise class, and a line dancing class. I also took the galley tour, and played bingo once.

Embarkation in Ft Lauderdale:

Got to the port at 10:30 AM, waited on line and was on the ship about 12:20 PM

Debarkation:

Put our luggage out the night before, got my time slot of 9:50 AM. Sat in the lobby until 9:30 AM, got tired of waiting so we left the ship at that time, and was in a taxi heading to the airport by 10 AM.

Conclusion:

A very nice time was had, would recommend this cruise to others, but would not go again since I have now cruised to St Thomas 3 times, and am interested in going to other places.

Publication Date: 04/25/12