Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by sunshinebaby84

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by sunshinebaby84
Carnival Triumph
Cabin Category: 4D
        3-6 3.0
        10-12 2.0

WONT GO AGAIN
I will start out and say that it was not a horrible trip, but I felt like things could have been better.

First day - My son went missing and we told the room steward to have someone make an announcement or to do anything for that matter to help us. He just stood there and looked at us... and of course.. did nothing. Luckily my son found us a short time later.

I felt like there wasnt really that much for my kids to do on ship. There pool was cold and the hot tubs were always full of people. Camp Carnival was okay.. they liked going to a few things, but mostly complained of sitting around watching movies. My older son (11) got grouped in with 6 year olds. Alot of what they did wasnt really that fun for him. Most of the parties for his age group were cancelled because there werent enough kids.

The cruise was full of drunken people and it felt like it was more of a party all night long kind of a cruise. I understand having some drinks but it seemed like there was always someone making a scene.

Lots of crowding.

The food - Buffet had long lines and the food wasnt that great. I would recommend the dining room over the buffet, but food wasnt great either. I recommend it for breakfast if you dont want to wait in line for 30mins for an omlette. Otherwise you are stuck with cereal and a bagel. (seemed like).

Entertainment - We really didnt go to many shows. The one show I made it to was the Love Game.. It was good. I laughed pretty hard.

Room- Steward kept room clean. I was traveling with other people and one couple said their steward actually folded their clothes and everything. Of course I wasnt that lucky. :) I think they did a good job overall. Outdated room.

The good - Cozumel was awesome, although we ported late due to weather. Staff was friendly. Got alot of good family photos out of it. The Love Game.

I think that if you are single or have no children, it would be a good cruise. I was just hoping for more things for the kids to do.

Publication Date: 04/25/12