Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Linegang: The Fun Ship

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

The Fun Ship

Sail Date: April 2012

My wife and I got on the ship with little problems on the 15Th of April heading to Key west, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I have been on Carnival about 8 other times so this wasn't a new thing for us. The boat was very clean and well maintained. The room was very clean(inside cabin)and cabin steward very friendly.

I chose to do the anytime dining for the first time and had no problems with it. If you go at about 7:00 to 8:00 you will probably wait on line though to be seated. We pretty much had the same waiter every day. The food on the other hand was not up to snuff this cruise. I was a little disappointed compared to past sailings with Carnival. Plenty of options though but the quality not so good.
The entertainment as far as in the Theater needs some help. The shows were just plain and boring and two of the shows the audience was used to entertain us. Like one night they did the not so Newlywed game that normally would be shown in a small showing somewhere More else on the boat and then there is the talent competition which they always do every cruise. The comedians were awesome and very funny....a Must see on the boat. One thing I have to say is they know how to get the people to have a good time with music and party's. The shows you can pass on. We visited the casino which is rather small and had very little luck. The machines were very tight. Tables are the way to go. The movies by the pool at night were okay but they needed to play some new stuff.

Pools were very packed all the time. We used the adult pool, but there is nothing fun going on there and all the action is by the main pool.
The water slide looked fun but never got around to going on it. The ports were good but they might want to get rid of Jamaica. If you don't do an excursion there then don't walk around the area. The people there are like vultures and attack at the sight of your money all trying to sell you anything they can sucker you into buying. They can find a rock and try and sell it as a gift. Very annoying when you are attacked in this way and can make you nervous when your alone. All and all the cruise was good and would go again but I hope they will improve the shows in the future. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>