Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by jimandangieblake

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by jimandangieblake
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Triumph
Member Name: jimandangieblake
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: JS

Carnival Triumph Short Review and Link to Videos
My wife and I have now each cruised twice so we are in no way experts and our expectations might not be as high as some.

We drove down to Galveston from Dallas the day before the cruise which I believe is the most stress free way of doing it if you van afford the $80 for a hotel room. The embarkation process was pretty simple and took about 45 minutes. Neither my wife or I had passports. As long as it's a close looped cruise, you don't need one although it is recommended. You will need you driver's license and birth certificate. It is also recommended the ladies bring their marriage license if they are married. If you are going to sneak on booze, do your research on Youtube because they WILL confiscate sloppy attempts at smuggling.

Cabin : we had cabin 7422 and I can not recommend this cabin any higher. It is a little larger than regular cabins but the crown jewel is the balcony. It is aft wrap balcony and it lends for simply amazing views of the ocean. Words can not do it just so I am including video link to our room.

Food : we ate at the formal dining room twice and it was hit and miss. The first time we ate, the food was dry and our waiter was horrible. The last night was much better and so was the waiter. We sat at friends table. Most of the times we ate at the grill or buffet station. There buffet was very good with a nice selection of food. Beware: the ommlette line is crazy in the morning.

Shopping : I actually liked the shopping better at Progreso than Cozumel. Comumel is more like american shopping and they are not willing to deal as much as Progreso. We found some great silver deals there. The ship has some great deals the last night of the cruise but it is absolute crazy. If you have the patience to wait out the lines, you will clean up. Bought some nice jewelry at great prices.

Overall we had a great time and we will definately do this cruise again. There is something for everyone. Dancing, gambling, shopping, kids activities, shows, etc. Or if you just want to relax and do nothing, you can do that too.

Debarkation was a breeze and we were off the ship and in our car within 45 minutes.

I took many videos of the cruise and out room. Go see for yourself.

Publication Date: 04/25/12