Crown Princess Cruise Review by SmokyJazz: Crown Princess- April 14th-21st review and update

SmokyJazz
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

Crown Princess- April 14th-21st review and update

Sail Date: April 2012

OK, so I'm back. Day 3 and I still feel like I'm on the ship. (Will this feeling ever go away?) Back to the reality of daily life.
First let me say the service was fantastic. The crew/staff really go all out to make sure that your experience goes smoothly.
The shows: I was expecting sort of a H.S. type "Glee" thing, I was shocked-
BROADWAY AT SEA. I made a mental note of names because I expect some time in the future to see a few of these performers make it to dry land and really make it BIG. TALENT like you wouldn't believe! OK, now onto food. I ate my weight in smoked salmon. My next life I am coming back as a bear. Fabulous.
All in all, food was alright, not all of it to die for, but if you found a favourite like I did you make a meal of it. Bars/Drinks: Explorers- ran across some surly staff there- guess it's because when I realized I was paying gratuties EVERYDAY my BIG tipping slowed down ALOT. Crooners- lovely. Old charm. Felt like I was in a 40's movie with my More martini listening to the piano player. Wheelhouse- very dark, not as nice as Crooners. Gatsby's the casino- no time spent there I could never get a shot at the machine that pushed coins off. One lady seemed to live at that machine! Speakeasy- the smoking room. Wow,
I met some really great people in that area. Down to earth, fun, and willing to chat when I came in to sit down for a smoke.
Now I have some cons to this trip. I went with 'mother' while I love mom to death I was dissapointed when I read in the Patter there was a singles and solos meeting and when I got to where it was (15 minutes late) I didn't see anything that let me know I was in the right spot and the ukranian guy I asked didn't seem to know anything. (much less english!) I was expecting someone from the ship to be there and see people wearing name tags to let me know who's who. I would've liked to have found someone who was in the same position as I was that I could've hung out with and done some excursions-like zip lines, dolphin swimming-My 75 yr. old mother couldn't do any of those things! I did enjoy the iguana farm in Roatan. I also loved seeing Tulum in Cozumel.
And here is my biggest beef with Princess- Mom took a fall at 4:30 am the 3rd day out. She tripped over that little ledge to get in the bathroom- Please Princess, put SOMETHING on that ledge to let the old folks remember to step up!! Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Caribe L206

Lido deck. Felt the ship move and heard rumblings from time to time. Shower EXTREMELY SMALL. Ladies, shave BEFORE you get on board. Also watch going in and out of bathroom there is a slight ledge. Mom took a bad fall. Need something to remind people to step up when going in. Balcony, nice- but would have liked a real lounge chair to stretch out on. Beds- too hard. For the price of travel please get some new mattresses! Egg crate helped with that.

Mayan Ruins

(5.5)
ANGEL DE JESUS best tour guide! Got into history, politics, astronomy, culture and did it all with humor. I can't count how many times he said mi amegicos. Ruins were great sorry though I couldn't climb them. Fish tacos at Frosty's not to be missed, Fast service great prices!

(5.5)
Would go back there again! LOVED EVERYTHING Janie our tour guide was FANTASTIC.
Read 1646 Roatan Reviews