Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by groomermichelle

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by groomermichelle
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Liberty
Member Name: groomermichelle
Cruise Date: April 2012
Cabin Category: 9B
        13-15 1.0

Carnival Liberty Aft View Corner Balcony Room 6452
My husband myself and our 15 year old son cruised on Carnival Liberty April 14-21, 2012. We stayed in our usual Corner aft Balcony room number 6452. My parents and family friends also joined us and were on each side of us 6450 and 6454. We opened the Balcony doors between each section and had an even larger Balcony. About half the back of the ship !

Our cuise for the first night and next full two days were "Fun Days at Sea" I dont know who enjoys 15 foot seas and a ship that doesnt stop moving. But there were so many people on the ship who were sea sick ! We were not , but were not enjoying the so called "Fun" Three days of constant moving back and forth up and down. Realize that Carnival has no control over the seas, but we have been on three cruises and they never moved like this one!

The Decor on the ship was the best I have seen, not gaudy or overdone, very tasteful.

Our Room Steward Harmita was WONDERFUL !!! Greating us by first names from day one. He also took exceptional care of our room. He always had a smile on his face and was very enjoyable.

We had three Ports to visit on this cruise, St. Thomas , San Juan and Grand Turk. I origianally was really thinking St. Thomas would be the highlight. We rented a Private Sailboat, called Daysail Fantasy. If you want to Sail and sailing is your thing maybe this is for you. But we had two 15 year old boys who wanted to snorkel and see sea turtles and other exotic things. The Sea was very rough between St. Thomas and St. John, The Sailboat felt like it was going to tip over, but she assured us we would be fine, AND another Day of up and down in the water. I just wanted to be dropped of on land so I could stay still for a couple hours. She did take us to Christmas Tree Cove? We went with a private charter hoping to stay away from all the cruise ship travelers and other over booked charters, NOPE there were two or three other large Catamarans there to share the area with. It was OK but not worth the money we paid to be "alone" and see things on our own, No turtles were to be seen either.... Bummer. An excursion off the ship apparently was the way to go, we talked with some fellow cruisers who spent pennies compaired to us and saw numerous sea turtles and tons of exotic fish. The Captain on the sailboat Pam was not overly friendly and did not seem like she enjoyed our company. Seemed like more of a "job" for her. This like I mentioned might be better for an avid Sailboater, but was not our highlight and was overpriced. We were also charged $20- Each for a van ride which really adds to the price of the private sailboating. We spend over $1000- for 6 of us.

San Juan was wonderful, we were ready to enjoy being on land and motionless for a day!! We walked to the Fort and it was something you should see if you go to San Juan. Great History!!!! and it was only $3- Each!!!!!

Grand Turk we went Power Snorkeling !!! This was a BLAST Best money spent and tons of things to see. There was a Baracuda who swims along with the group and a 7000 foot drop off that is spetacular!!! Lots of exotic fish to see and fun guides. I think this was 65- each and well worth the money. We gave the guides a nice tip for their wonderful attitudes and wealth of information. Power Snorkel if you can it was so much fun for the entire family. The water was pristine and you can choose how deep you want to venture.

As for Carnival Cruise this will be our last for a while, Food Quality has gone down and the selection of foods have been limited.

The shows were pretty good. The ship was clean. Casino was fun. The ship was booked to full capacity making it crowded and loud! Just wanted to go to our room and get away from all the people and constant noise. Not my favorite thing to do on vacation, but we did have the huge private balcony, however if people drop cigarette butts off top of ship or food, guess where it lands? Up on our balcony, but it was cleaned everyday.

We will be doing an all inclusive next year and doing thing when we want not when we have to because we are only in the port until 3 ! Thats a rip.

I hope this helps in your decision making. If I were to recommend a cruise, Do the Western Caribbean, like Belize, Isle Roatan, and Costa Maya, Much nicer Ports and the snorkeling is better.

Publication Date: 04/25/12