Carnival Dream Cruise Review by princess104

Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: SS
Value-for-Money 5+

Husband and Wife on first cruise
This is the first review I have ever written, but cruise critic helped me so much with my recent first cruise that I wanted to hopefully help others out as well.

This was the best vacation we have ever taken. Everyone from the staff to the fellow cruisers was nice as could be. The staff go out of there way to make your vacation as enjoyable as possible. I have never encountered a staff as hardworking as these people. They truly deserve the money they get and more.

We booked an inside spa stateroom. The room itself was beautiful and spacious enough for 2 people with plenty of cabinet space. I don't regret not getting a balcony because we weren't in our room enough to enjoy it. I do regret spending the extra money on the spa stateroom because we only used the facility one day and don't feel we got our moneys worth for it. We did spend $200 on massages and don't feel they were worth the money at all. We heard the next day you could have gotten an hour massage in roatan for $25. So I guess you live and learn and we will know that for next time.

The food on the ship was just wonderful except for the bacon. My husband loves his bacon and I had to listen to him complain about the bacon every morning. But that was his only complaint about the food the entire week. The food in the dining room was amazing.

The entertainment was also very good. The comedians were hilarious. I highly recommend going to see them. We enjoyed the shows and the dancers as well.

This was our second honeymoon, and our first trip without our kids in over 9 years. We couldn't have asked for a better vacation. We are totally hooked to cruising now. We plan to take our kids next year.

Again I cant say enough about the staff on this ship. A big thank you to them, especially our room steward Johnathon he was wonderful.

Publication Date: 04/25/12