Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by shellden: Oasis Believers

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Oasis Believers

Sail Date: April 2012

We will admit to have been a bit apprehensive with such a large Ship but all that changed the moment we boarded. It was WOW, WOW, WOW!

Some brief personal info. Myself and DH mid 40's two DD's 15 and 17. We have cruised multiple times on RCCL, CCL, Disney, NCL, and Celebrity. We are very easy to please and we do appreciate the hard work all the staff does to make a cruise an amazing vacation!

I will break down the experience and try to stay one track there is so much that it has to be experienced.

Pre Cruise:
We flew in the day before and stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th St. Cab fare from airport was about $15. Hotel was very nice; kids were impressed with the lobby. It rained so we just ran over to Duffy's Sports Bar for a late lunch food was good. A small shopping plaza is right behind hotel has a few shops along with a Publix's Market. We loved the Suite set up in the room; Managers reception offered cocktails, chips and Salsa, popcorn, nuts, the More Breakfast was very good lots to offer even made to order eggs. We could view the Cruise ships in the morning adding to the excitement. We headed over to Pier around 11:00 got the Hotel Shuttle for $15 for all of us.

Embarkation:
As previous posts this was a breeze we were on board by 11:45. We were not very hungry so we parted ways with the girls and started the touring. I couldn't stop smiling in amazement I'm pretty sure I saw the same expression on many others walking around.
Rooms were ready at 1:00

Rooms:
We had two connecting interior cabins 10153 and 10151. Great location very close to elevators and of course stairs (to burn extra calories!) The room had adequate storage, bed was comfortable, Jose our Attendant was very attentive and eager to please. We received our luggage by 1:15 unpacked and made our home for the week. TV had movies playing at all times so if you care to stay in the cabin it's a nice feature although we never actually saw a whole movie start to finish.

Getting the lay of the land...the touch screen monitors near most elevator areas was very helpful no need to carry around the compass. Also mapped out how to get where you want to go. One tip figure out early if you are forward or Aft this ship is LONG! Deck 5 Promenade is a great cut across deck feels shorter then traveling through the cabin corridor this path felt like an eternity.

Entertainment:
Again Wow! Hairspray, Frozen in Time, Come Fly with Me, Oasis of Dreams, Comedy Show, all WOW. Glad I took the time to pre book it all worked out for us. Also saw the Fountain Show and Splish Splash lots of fun what talent. Watched a few parades and played trivia won the Twist competition.

Food:

Well this is where we were less than impressed. We never went hungry some meals were very good others well just not worth the calories.
We did eat at Giovanni's Table that was excellent worth the charge.
Enjoyed Johnny Rockets for breakfast and a very fattening lunch loved the Happy Endings Sundae!
Park Cafe nice treat
Buffet decent variety layout seemed to work we did like the helpful service here. A server helps you find a table then gets you drinks nice touch.
We had My Time Dining not seamless but OK would pick a traditional dining next time. We had cruised on Carnival the past two cruises and found that there my time dining worked much better.

Ports:
Been there done that we weren't to interested in ports, did do a last minute Fury Catamaran snorkel in Cozumel had an hour stop at the beach. Nice day.

This ships variety of venues sometimes made it hard to decide what to do. Music started earlier in some spots so that was nice if I couldn't stay awake. There never seemed to be much of a crowd, which truly amazed us!

We loved the gym, pretty busy place. DH took the spin classed while DD and myself tried Gravity Pilates. There is a charge for these classes but we enjoyed them. Also Loved the track actually we liked it better here then up on top less bathing beauties to dodge. The track had a walking and running lane and the passengers were very courteous to others with different abilities. Also a great spot for evening strolls help with digestion, also has spots to star gaze.

All in all we absolutely loved Oasis I tend to not want to repeat a ship but this one I would get on again. There is just so much to see and do. The attention to detail in all areas its just amazing. Great job RCCL. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>