Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by fantasyloyalist

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by fantasyloyalist
Disney Fantasy
Disney Fantasy
Member Name: fantasyloyalist
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: v
See More About: Disney Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Disney Fantasy 2012
We traveled on an April 2012 sailing of the Disney Fantasy. There were 8 adults in our party. When I booked in January, I reserved an ocean view room with veranda, however, I asked to be on the waiting list for a concierge room. Disney called the week before the sailing to offer the concierge room.

Concierge privileges begin upon arrival at the airport and embarkation was expedited. The concierge staff, Todd, Julia and Kemisha were very accommodating. They assisted us with multiple dinner bookings at Remy and Palo. Julia even came to the laundry room to help me with the dryer operation.

Operation at the laundry was difficult. It requires swiping of your room key onto a keypad which indicates which washer/dryer is available. Your account is charged $2 at this time. Many times when I opened the washer/dryer that I paid for, another guest had not yet removed his clothes.

The cleanliness of the ship was excellent, especially the public restrooms. Crewmembers were posted at each restaurant, pre-meal, to hand out hand wipes.

The rotational dining team was very attentive. My daughter has food allergies, and Marcos took her order each night for the following night, in order to assure the chef had time to prepare her meal. Marcos even arranged to have her Castaway meal prepared on the ship, and then delivered to Cookies.

Dining at Palo's was very good, and definitely worth the $20 fee. We celebrated my daughter's 25th birthday at Palo's, and the restaurant provided us with a "party room" to accommodate 14 guests. Our server, Ivan was attentive and entertaining. Earlier in the cruise, we visited Palo for high tea and brunch. Brunch was definitely the better experience. An enormous buffet, and complimentary mimosas.

Dining at Remy is an experience that I found superior to Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian.

It begins with Nicolas, the maitre d', describing hidden details of the restaurant, which reflect the movie "Ratatouille". Our server, Gerard, was very knowledgeable about the menu. My husband and I each ordered a different tasting menu. We each loved our meal, and when we returned for the second evening, we again ordered the sea and the earth menus. Gerard suggested that we change the desserts to offer variety. We couldn't have been happier with our green apple and raspberry sorbets.

The Senses Spa was the best part of the cruise. I had an oxydermy facial by Eleanor, who was gentle and thorough. She recommended I have a free acupuncture consultation for the sore muscles in my neck.

Stephanie, the acupuncturist, first explained her background, and then devised a personal treatment plan for me. I had never considered acupuncture before, but decided to try it. I went every day and I couldn't wait for the next treatment. It gave me a sense of well-being, in addition to alleviating my pain. I even had facial acupuncture to lift my eyebrows. My husband tried the acupuncture for sleeplessness, and he had excellent results. The men's spa room was busy with shaves, haircuts and pedicures. My husband had all three and wants to return in three weeks for upkeep.

My family loved the horseback riding in Cozumel, declaring it to be the "best excursion ever". We also enjoyed the salsa and salsa in Costa Maya.

The day we spent on Castaway Cay was sunny, but our excursions were canceled for high winds. We enjoyed the beach and the water. We departed the ship for the island at 9:30 in order to assure that we would have an umbrella and beach chairs. Guests arriving after 11:00 were disappointed to find the umbrellas were taken. The travel to Serenity Bay requires three tram rides and takes 30 minutes.

On the final morning, we went to Cabanas Buffet for breakfast at 6:30. We acquired our customs forms from the concierge, and we went to the lobby with our luggage at 7:10 to await debarkation. The debarkation began at 7:20 and we were on the bus to return to the airport by 7:40.

I will definitely book another cruise with Disney, and definitely on the Fantasy.

Publication Date: 04/24/12