Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by wwo51674

Cabin Category: 6B
Cabin Number: 2062
        3-6 5.0

Stay away,
Went on the Carnival Triumph April 14th-19th, 2012 with my wife and three kids. We got at the pier around 11am and there were no lines to board. Had a hard time finding a place to sit and eat before we could get into our room. Finally got to our room at 1:30pm, changed and took the kids to the pool. The water was so cold the kids would not stay in.

Around 6:30PM we decided to try the sushi which is located in the casino. While walking through the casino somehow our three year old daughter got separated from us. My wife got one of the casino workers and told him that we had lost our daughter. We then went looking around to find her. My wife then sees the same casino working joking around with someone at a slot machine. She asked why he was not helping look for my daughter. He said he couldn't since he could not leave the casino. My wife asked if he notified anyone that she was missing. He said no. We eventually found her at guest services. Another guest had taken her there. We complained to security and they said they were not notified by the casino and that they were already busy at the time trying to find an elderly lost guest.

Food during the trip was disappointing. The buffet food was not very good and the hot food was lukewarm and the cold food was not cold. The dining room was hit or miss. The lobster was good but other meals were just ok to awful. Our waiter told us he worked on several other ships and the food on the Triumph was the worst. I lost ten pounds on this cruise.

The waiters in the dining room and the cabin steward were awesome. Our room was always clean, lots of ice. The bartenders were not very good. They were very slow and would ignore my kids trying to get their unlimited soda cups refilled.

The pool was cold all week long and closed on two days due to rough seas. My kids never spent over a few minutes in the pool and would come out shivering.

Progresso is not much of a city to see. We did not book any excursions but we were able too find the all you can eat and drink excursion in port for $35/adult and free for kids at the iguana beach club. The beach club is not very fancy but the beach is good, restrooms are clean, food is good and service is great. My drink never went empty.

Cozumel is always fun. We rented a car and drove around the island snorkeling. We have been there lots of times so we knew were to go.

Make sure you carry on your bottles of wine. We checked ours and they were confiscated and we could not get them back until the last day. Even when I explained it did not say on their web site if it needed to be checked or carried on they would not give it to me. They said it was in the cruise contract. I told the manager of customer services that I did not read it and that no one on the ship read the whole thing. She told me that everyone reads the whole contract and I was the first person to ever complain about this policy.

Rum runners are a must. You can sneak your booze on in your checked luggage. Saved us a lot of money. We snuck on two bottles of captain and brought on a case of coke. A beer on the ship will cost you $6.75 + 15% gratuity. Mixed drinks are anywhere from $8.75-$12.75 + 15% gratuity.

Our kids loved kids club. They would beg us to stay when we went to pick them up.

If you are a non smoker you will not enjoy this cruise. You could not go anywhere outside without smelling smoke.

Disembarkation was easy. We carried our bags off and we were in our car by 8:30am.

Publication Date: 04/24/12