Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by mompoole

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by mompoole
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: mompoole
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: 2C
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

What? No Escargo?
Departure port is Bayonne, N.J. Being from Central Virginia and having to drive on the New Jersey Turnpike was a cultural shock. The tolls alone put a drain on our E-Z pass.

We are arrived in Bayonne a day before departure and checked into the Wyndham Newark Bayonne Cruiseport. Do not be deceived. The night's stay was reasonable, rooms accomdating, and you can park your car on the hotel lot while you're cruising...HOWEVER.......the cost of a cab for a 5 minute ride to the ship is $65.00!! (Note: the reverse ride....> Ship back to the hotel was half the price. I don't get it.)

Embarkation was a breeze. My husband uses a cane, and they sure take care of the handicapped quickly.

Once on board, sipping champagne, we found our rooms ready. The only real problem of the first day was that my luggage did not appear until after dinner. My husband received all his bags quickly. Around 7:00 p.m. there was a call from luggage inspection people that we were to go below to open my suitcase..there was suspicious liquid in my suitcase. I was not happy. Once it was determined that all I had in my suitcase was the Celebrity permitted two bottles of wine, I was allowed to retrieve my suitcase, along with the wine, HOWEVER, in the luggage process a wheel had been sheared off the suitcase. In due course, the wheel was replaced, I drank my wine, and fun begun.

The next time I will stuff my wine bottles in my carry on so we can deal with this situation without holding up my luggage and all my clean underware!!

Dining: Oh, the food was wonderful! I am disappointed that the everyday appetizer of escargo has been removed from the menu. However, there were many other tasty dishes to make up for it.

Since the Excursions were so expensive and the descriptions misleading, we decided that "dining" can be an "excursion". At $40 per couple and lasting around 3 to 4 hours, it's a better deal than sitting in a stuffy bus with 25 people you don't know.

Publication Date: 04/24/12